Sign in to follow this  
gigs569

sr. over analyzing

I've been doing this for yrs. and always seem to sit more points on the bench than I would like to admit. Is it rule of thumb that if they are drafted early you start them know matter what. ok yea foster starts every game unless he is out. jackson & matty ice too. but on any givin day I would go w/ strength of schedule w/ the rest. and it bites me in the ass every time.

QB Matt Ryan, Atl

RB Arian Foster, Hou

RB Steven Jackson, StL

RB/WR Percy Harvin, Min

WR Victor Cruz, NYG

WR Darrius Heyward-Bey, Oak

TE Tony Gonzalez, Atl

D/ST Giants D/ST

K Dan Bailey, Dal

B DeMarco Murray, Dal

B Eric Decker, Den

B Stevan Ridley, NE

B Ben Roethlisberger, Pit

B DeAngelo Williams, Car

B Danny Amendola, StL

B Carson Palmer, Oak

SCORING

QB 1/50YR 6/TD -3/PIC

RB 1/10YR 6/TD 3/200+

WR 1/10YR 6/TD 3/100+ 6/200+GM

Right now I'd be starting decker over DHB and Murry over jackson on a weekly basis.

it bites me in the ass every time.

Then stop doing it.

Start your best players. Strength of schedule should be used as 1 of several factors when deciding between 2 players to start, NOT as a rule of thumb for setting a line-up. You've got a 1st/2nd round player on your bench - WTF? Decker is way better than DHB, but that doesn't matter because you have other match-ups that are even better. If you had any idea what strength of schedule actually meant, you would have seen that D. Williams is playing against the worst run DEF in the league this week. You might want to find a new hobby, because this is ugly.

Then stop doing it.

Start your best players. Strength of schedule should be used as 1 of several factors when deciding between 2 players to start, NOT as a rule of thumb for setting a line-up. You've got a 1st/2nd round player on your bench - WTF? Decker is way better than DHB, but that doesn't matter because you have other match-ups that are even better. If you had any idea what strength of schedule actually meant, you would have seen that D. Williams is playing against the worst run DEF in the league this week. You might want to find a new hobby, because this is ugly.

Ugly come on that's harsh considering the strength of the team I drafted. ok so maybe Im a better GM than coach. Which is the exact thing I said last yr. which is why I threw out the question. The reasoning for benching Murray was what I thought the Giants had ability to stop the run.( an over site on my part ) As far as Decker. true, originally Decker was in, But residing in the Burgh and not knowing Manning full ability being off a yr. I began to question that start. Decker over DHB is a no brainier for the remainder of the yr. As far as new hobbies. Come on dude.I dont live breath and eat football. I have lots of hobbies this is just 1 of them. Not allowed to ask a question. Not everybody is blessed with your abilities. Also might I ad bad officiating also played a factor in the big run Murray had where he got most of those yrs. The Giants should has been up or tied when Murray had the long scamper and maybe the would have chosen to throw the ball more. Point and note He only had what 32 yds in the 1st half and never did get in the end zone. I do agree with most of what you said though. thanks for the advise on "strength of schedule" the rest I will assume is envy over my ability to draft a quality team and still find time to hunt fish and ride the Harley all over the U.S. (my other hobbies)