Sign in to follow this  
Lefty19

LaFell or Amendola

I am trying to decide which WR to target this week on Waiver Wire....LaFell or Amendola.

Touchdown only league but we do get 3 points for going over 100 yards. No PPR.

Thanks in advance for all of the replies.

This is a very tough call. I own both across 2 leagues. With Carolina being able to lean on it's running game, Steve Smith as the #1, I'd lean Amendola as being the slightly more consistent week to week option.

Honestly I don't think you can go wrong with either.

I don't see this as close at all.

If you held a redraft right now, LaFell is still one of those guys who goes undrafted in half of leagues. Amendola goes in the first six rounds. He's now been Bradford's security blanket and primary target every game he's played for three years, and their connection is obviously getting stronger and more reliable. No, he's not going to get 10+ or 100+ or a TD every week. But he's very likely to keep getting double-digit looks most weeks, and in high-percentage situations that offer him guaranteed yardage almost no matter how the game turns out.

Amendola's not Welker lite any more. Welker is Amendola lite. I'm not projecting 130/1400 type seasons, but the floor has to fall out for this to turn out to be less than a 100/1000 campaign. When it's that or...LaFell...this is a no-brainer.

I think people are so worried about looking like over-reactors on the big Amendola game that they're actually underreacting pretty badly. 8/80 type games look pretty safe, and Amendola has been targeted in the red zone far more than Welker historically has. Amendola ought to be a starter in any type league for the foreseeable future, given his current role.

I don't see this as close at all.

If you held a redraft right now, LaFell is still one of those guys who goes undrafted in half of leagues. Amendola goes in the first six rounds. He's now been Bradford's security blanket and primary target every game he's played for three years, and their connection is obviously getting stronger and more reliable. No, he's not going to get 10+ or 100+ or a TD every week. But he's very likely to keep getting double-digit looks most weeks, and in high-percentage situations that offer him guaranteed yardage almost no matter how the game turns out.

Amendola's not Welker lite any more. Welker is Amendola lite. I'm not projecting 130/1400 type seasons, but the floor has to fall out for this to turn out to be less than a 100/1000 campaign. When it's that or...LaFell...this is a no-brainer.

I think people are so worried about looking like over-reactors on the big Amendola game that they're actually underreacting pretty badly. 8/80 type games look pretty safe, and Amendola has been targeted in the red zone far more than Welker historically has. Amendola ought to be a starter in any type league for the foreseeable future, given his current role.

Hes basically the only option on that offense now. He also has a nice matchup against the Bears Cover 2 Sunday. He is practically untradable, I'll be holding onto him and might plug him in over Harvin this week.

See the problem i see with amendola is teams will start givin him more attention and he'll get less looks. while lafell has steve smith to balance him out.