vegassandwich227

Coming up with a trade offer

My squad:

QB:Ben, Luck, R Wilson

RB:Spiller, Murray, Mathews, BJGE, Ryan Williams

WR:Harvin, Colston, Stevie J, N Wash, Ogletree

TE:Celek, Rudolph

D/ST:Cincy

I'd like to move one of my RBs to upgrade my QB. It's a non-ppr 12team league, start 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te. I'm thinking of looking to move Murray because I think he has the best trade value (aside from Spiller). However, my league is full of some stingy owners who are very tough to trade with. There's one owner who is a great candidate. His squad:

QB:Stafford

RB:Forte,Sproles,Blount,Taiwan Jones,Slaton,Draughn,Alex Green

WR:R White, Bowe, D Jax, Burleson, D Jones

TE:Daniels, Tamme

D/ST:SF

I tried doing a trade with him last week, but he had said he didn't want to mess with his core of Stafford and Forte. With Forte hurt and Stafford struggling, that may have changed. He has #1waiver wire spot, so he'll probably grab Andre Brown or Richardson, and there's a good chance with Forte out, he just rolls with who he gets. But, what do you think of me making this offer?

I give: Ben, Murray, Stevie J

I get: Stafford, R White, SF D/ST

I'd say that's an upgrade for me at QB and WR (unless Stafford stays mediocre, and then it sucks) and I get a top D, and I give the guy a quality RB.

Think I'm giving up too much, given how iffy Stafford has been?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

What's your record thus far? I just wouldn't want to give up Stevie J. He's no Calvin or Marshall but he's consistent. I love consistency specially at WR. What D/st are available on the wire?

What's your record thus far? I just wouldn't want to give up Stevie J. He's no Calvin or Marshall but he's consistent. I love consistency specially at WR. What D/st are available on the wire?

I'm 1-1. I killed it last week (120pts) but lost week1 (85pts) partially because my Bills D got me -8pts.

I like Stevie J too...However, 4 catches in 2 games isn't thrilling me, despite the 2td's.

As for D's, there's nothing on the wire I'm in love with. I usually play the game of playing matchups for D/ST, but I'm really not getting a feel this year for what offenses are good to play against, so I'm thinking it's just better to start a solid D (and SF has already played 2 of their best o's, in GB and Det in weeks 1 and 2)...if i don't make a trade, probably gonna go buff or cin or ariz at D/ST over the next few weeks because of good matchups

I wouldn't give up a Top QB Top WR and Top D/ST, for A Top RB and middle of the road WR and QB. Remove SF from the equation and it become a little more tempting IMO.

The problem I see with the trade is that u will upgrade your QB(arguably as Stafford has yet to step it up) and your D but it will leave your RBs weak. Trust me Spiller will be splitting carries soon. The good news is that he doesn't need 25 touches to make an impact. 15-18 touches are good enough.

If you feel good about the trade go for it. It will not solve all of your problems but you know your team and your league better than anyone here. Best of luck brother.