Sign in to follow this  
PorscheT1

Made a pretty big trade, but not so sure if it was smart

10 man league, standard scoring, QB,RB,RB,WR,WR,Flex,TE,K,DEF.

My team before the trade:

QB - Brady

RB - MJD, Gore, Bradshaw, Turner, Wilson

WR - Wayne, Bowe, DJax, Garcon, Amendola, Lafell

TE - Gonzo

I felt that my WR crew was pretty solid, but didn't really have a top 10 in there. So I went ahead and offered up this trade.

Brady, Gore, Bowe, DJax

For

Newton, Nicks, Matthews

At first I was liking this trade, but now that the other team accepted I'm feeling that perhaps I gave up a bit too much. Was 4 vs 3 going too far? I felt like I was deep enough at WR that I could give up 2 and not really suffer much from it, and with Nicks being out this week it would tempt the other owner into accepting.

Also, I think I may have boned myself a bit because the trade says it will be processed on Sunday the 23rd and reflect week 3 lineups. Since Cam is playing tonight, I'll have to grab a QB off waivers for this Sunday (unless I'm unaware of something).

Anyhow, any feedback (positive or negative) is welcome. Thanks, and I'll reply with whatever advice I can give as well :)

10 man league, standard scoring, QB,RB,RB,WR,WR,Flex,TE,K,DEF.

My team before the trade:

QB - Brady

RB - MJD, Gore, Bradshaw, Turner, Wilson

WR - Wayne, Bowe, DJax, Garcon, Amendola, Lafell

TE - Gonzo

I felt that my WR crew was pretty solid, but didn't really have a top 10 in there. So I went ahead and offered up this trade.

Brady, Gore, Bowe, DJax

For

Newton, Nicks, Matthews

At first I was liking this trade, but now that the other team accepted I'm feeling that perhaps I gave up a bit too much. Was 4 vs 3 going too far? I felt like I was deep enough at WR that I could give up 2 and not really suffer much from it, and with Nicks being out this week it would tempt the other owner into accepting.

Also, I think I may have boned myself a bit because the trade says it will be processed on Sunday the 23rd and reflect week 3 lineups. Since Cam is playing tonight, I'll have to grab a QB off waivers for this Sunday (unless I'm unaware of something).

Anyhow, any feedback (positive or negative) is welcome. Thanks, and I'll reply with whatever advice I can give as well :)

Brady for Newton = push. Lots of upside on both sides.

Gore for Mathews = you win.

Bowe for Nicks = unless Nicks gets healthy quick he wins

Djax? Personally I've never liked him. He's streaky and you've got the depth to absorb his loss PROVIDED Nicks gets (and stays) healthy.

Considering you only start 2 WRs I like this trade.

mine: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=407711

I appreciate the feedback, thanks :)

I agree, Brady and Newton are pretty much a wash. I actually missed the first 2 rounds of the draft this year and it gave me Brady. I'm a Giants fan, so I won't be missing him :P

I'm hopeful that Nicks is back healthy next week, if not you're right, I probably lost out on that side of the trade. Oh well, here's hoping!

I think you got the better deal. Your side has way more upside, which I think will only help you in the coming weeks. Good trade

Ony thing I don't like is giving up Bowe. I think he is going to have a huge year (contract year and he has a huge ego). Letting Brady go doesn't sit too well with me either as I think he is close to getting pissed off and lighting the season up.