Sign in to follow this  
pbev21

McGahee's Backup?

Anybody know who McGahee's backup is if he every goes down? Is it Hillman, Ball or Moreno? Every site I've checked has a different depth chart. Thanks.

Initially it would probably be a bit of a RBBC, but Hillman is far more talented than either of the others. Expect to see him get more work as the season goes along. He's the one you want to own.

Initially it would probably be a bit of a RBBC, but Hillman is far more talented than either of the others. Expect to see him get more work as the season goes along. He's the one you want to own.

All three are free agents in my league and I was thinking of grabing one in case McGahee gets hurt. Thanks.

Basically I think it would be Moreno's job to lose to Hillman. Bell is the better receiver. If McGahee was hurt Hillman should be able to beat them both out and get the majority of the touches.

I have McGahee in all my leagues, and I have the 3 guys you listed in none of them. I think the whole run game in Denver goes down the tubes, fantasy wise, if he gets hurt.

McGahee has no handcuff. Maybe Hillman or Moreno is worth owning if McGahee goes down, but they're not worth a pickup right now.

McGahee has no handcuff. Maybe Hillman or Moreno is worth owning if McGahee goes down, but they're not worth a pickup right now.

I agree. Roster spots hold too much value, especially at RB to be holding one of those guys. I guess Hillman has the most upside ... I never liked Moreno ... but other people did ... I've been wrong before.

I literally just knocked on wood. I have a lot invested in McGahee having a serviceable year. I don't need him to be the rushing leader, I don't need him to be the center of the offense, I just need him healthy and serviceable. He's a tough guy, and a fast healer ... and that's part of the reason why I think there was a lot of value in McGahee this year. I mean, he was a first round pick at one time in the NFL Draft. There's a reason for that. It's not like he's some totally unproven doosh ... he's got it done for a long time. I have faith in Willis.

If Peyton keeps the defense honest all year ... should be a great RB this year.

That totally depends on:

A ) the size of your league

B ) the size of your rosters

C ) the waiver system your league uses.

In a 12 by 16 player league, I would agree with you.

In a 12 by 20 player league, at least Hillman probably will be rostered, especially with a blind bid waiver system.

Moreno was drafted by the McDaniels regime and Bronco beat writers speculate that he might be on his way out of Denver soon. He was a healthy scratch in both of the last two games I believe. Lance Ball is just 'a guy'.

That totally depends on:

A ) the size of your league

B ) the size of your rosters

C ) the waiver system your league uses.

In a 12 by 16 player league, I would agree with you.

In a 12 by 20 player league, at least Hillman probably will be rostered, especially with a blind bid waiver system.

I think we are talking in a general, standard 12 team league, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, F, K, DEF and 6 bench spots, kinda terms.

If you look at the "value" RB's I drafted there is a trend.

Willis McGahee, Cedric Benson, Jonathan Stewart, and CJ Spiller.

What do those 4 "value" guys have in common?

They were all picked in the first round of the NFL Draft.

Ingram ... I was so upset when the Giants didn't draft him, because I remember his father playing as a Giant ... and he was my favorite, big play WR in Tecmo Bowl. Mark Jr's going to get a little extra time. Some guys get a little more opportunities. They work hard. They get in there, and they continue to play to the best of their ability. Time will tell with Ingram. It's too early to say his career is over. If he wants it bad enough, he will earn it.

Sometimes ... see: Ricky Williams .... they got all the skill in the world ... but just don't really care about football. Other guys care. Those guys that care, and work harder, and show up to meetings on time, are going to get those jobs.

Wanna know who you can thank for that .... rest of the league?

Yep. Tom Coughlin.

The party days are over, my friends. You want to win it all? Guess what, that takes hard work. You don't want to work hard? GTFO.

It was very Parcellsesque, in a way. That's New York. If you aren't tuff enough to deal with it ... GTFO.

2 Super Bowls later ... here we are. Champions. A team capable of last minute heroics. A team full of very smart people, that know what their job is and do it very well. A team you can't underestimate. A team possibly, fighting to be a "Dynasty". We still don't know. The story isn't over yet ... but one more ring for Eli and ... Dynasty is a word that will be used, re: The New York Giants, in the 21st century.

1 more ring for Eli ... is focking historic. A third Superbowl ring. Just like I predicted the year before Eli went into the draft.

"We can't make the playoffs, we might as well lose our last 6 games and find a way to get Eli Manning in the draft." and I was laughed at. Kerry Collins fans were mad at me. Unpossible, people said. Giants couldn't lose bad enough to be behind San Diego. Yep. Remember, San Diego drafted Manning and NY drafted Rivers and then they traded.

I was sooooo wrong. Saying they should trade up. Right?

Well, still nobody gives me credit for making that call, but I did.

9 months before it actually happened.

Eli Manning to the New York Giants ... I got that part right. I noticed after watching a couple games it seemed like they were treating regular season games like they were preseason. Testing new players ... why not ... mathematically eliminated by like week 8. Worst year, I have ever known as a Giants fan. Yeah ... I said they should lose 6 straight and they did. So ... that was just a lucky prediction too, right?

Yeah. And this year I told people to not get too excited over David Wilson. Remember that? From this year? I said the guy after Bradshaw that you wanted was DJ Ware and was unhappy about it. Then they let Ware go ... BOOM ... Andre Brown. Wilson, maybe next year.

MAYBE ... I actually know what I am talking about a little bit. Maybe I can predict the future.

:overhead: