Sign in to follow this  
goyato

Upgrade RB: Which WR + LeShoure for McGahee?

Been awhile since I played FF, so my return after a 3 year hiatus was to a simple 10 team league, standard scoring. I have a pretty solid team, and pulled off a post week 3 trade that has really paid off (Crabtree + Martellius Bennet + Andre Brown for Fitzgerald). I don't really have a major weakness, but I'd like to try and upgrade my RB situation, as there are two other teams that I see myself fighting with for the championship at the end of the year.

My roster:

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Andy Dalton

WR: Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Dwayne Bowe, Reggie Wayne, Miles Austin

RB: Frank Gore, Trent Richardson, CJ Spiller, Mickel Leshoure

TE: Vernon Davis, Kyle Rudolph

K: Greg Zuerlein

DEF/ST: Seattle

We play 3 WR, 2 RB, no Flex.

Spiller, Leshoure, and Rudolph are all my WW pickups. I think my WR corps is really solid, so I'm looking to try and package one of them with one of my backup RB (most likely Leshoure, since Spiller's value has gone down since his shoulder injury and Jackson's return), to get a reliable 3rd guy.

My question is.. would you target, say, a RB like Willis McGahee or Stevan Ridley with a package of LeShoure + say Austin or Bowe? Or, put another way, what type of RB would you think Bowe (or Austin) + LeShoure should bring back? I mention McGahee and Ridley, because they are RB on teams that have WR needs that could be available. I could just stick with LeShoure for now, as well, and see if he raises his value any, although he's got some tough running matchups in the upcoming weeks, so I don't want his value to slip too much either.

Thanks for the help. I'll try to provide my 2 cents to anyone who wants it, as well.

Bowe + LeShoure for McGahee seems like giving up a lot, but Austin + LeShoure I think I'd do. But I'd take Ridley over McGahee. So try Austin + LeShoure for Ridley I guess, if you think the owner needs a WR bad enough. LeShoure has a very hard upcoming schedule, so don't bet on his value getting much higher in the short term. You could try packaging Bowe and LeShoure for a buy low candidate somewhere, like McFadden, Murray, or even MJD. Someone just might bite. I'd also put Andre Johnson on the block w/Leshoure for any of those guys.

Here's mine.

Been awhile since I played FF, so my return after a 3 year hiatus was to a simple 10 team league, standard scoring. I have a pretty solid team, and pulled off a post week 3 trade that has really paid off (Crabtree + Martellius Bennet + Andre Brown for Fitzgerald). I don't really have a major weakness, but I'd like to try and upgrade my RB situation, as there are two other teams that I see myself fighting with for the championship at the end of the year.

My roster:

Spiller, Leshoure, and Rudolph are all my WW pickups. I think my WR corps is really solid, so I'm looking to try and package one of them with one of my backup RB (most likely Leshoure, since Spiller's value has gone down since his shoulder injury and Jackson's return), to get a reliable 3rd guy.

My question is.. would you target, say, a RB like Willis McGahee or Stevan Ridley with a package of LeShoure + say Austin or Bowe? Or, put another way, what type of RB would you think Bowe (or Austin) + LeShoure should bring back? I mention McGahee and Ridley, because they are RB on teams that have WR needs that could be available. I could just stick with LeShoure for now, as well, and see if he raises his value any, although he's got some tough running matchups in the upcoming weeks, so I don't want his value to slip too much either.

Thanks for the help. I'll try to provide my 2 cents to anyone who wants it, as well.

I don't think Leshoure's value is high enough to sell him right now. I would wait and see what happens even if you have to keep him on your bench for a few weeks during the tough matchups. He faces Jacksonville in a couple weeks which should be a huge game if he stays healthy and involved. Between Ridley and McGahee I like Ridley though.

My roster:

I don't think Leshoure's value is high enough to sell him right now. I would wait and see what happens even if you have to keep him on your bench for a few weeks during the tough matchups. He faces Jacksonville in a couple weeks which should be a huge game if he stays healthy and involved. Between Ridley and McGahee I like Ridley though.

Try LeShoure and Andre for the RB of your choice. It's a very tempting offer on your part. It looking at LeShoure schedule it is tough and Andre hasn't been himself and let's face it he will get injured so that takes car of two headaches for u. As long as you can get a decent RB you'll be fine. Just pick the best target for the trade. You'll need someone with RB depth and desperate for a WR. But yes do it.

I gotta say thats a nice team you have I would also try and package Leshoure and Johnson for the rb you would rather have since the Texans are a run heavy team.

So here's a quick update. I posted a message in my league basically saying I was open to trade ideas, and someone offered me the following deal.

I receive

Darren McFadden + Antonio Gates

I send

Andre Johnson + Kyle Rudolph

Here is this guy's current roster:

QB - Phillip Rivers, Eli Manning

WR - Marques Colston, Stevie Johnson, Torrey Smith, Andrew Hawkins

RB - Maurice Jones-Drew, Darren McFadden, Stevan Ridley, Rashard Mendenhall

TE - Antonio Gates, Greg Olsen

K - Matt Prater, Nick Folk

D/ST - Green Bay

He's clearly unhappy w/Gates, who is simply not a big target for Rivers any more. I do think McFadden has potential to improve this week and moving forward, as the talk around the Bay Area has been on the Raiders working to improve their running attack. I'm wondering, though, if people think I should counter with a different offer or look for other better options? I can part with Rudolph, as he's really my backup option to Vernon Davis, and I think McFadden has more upside than Johnson.. but thought I'd get more opinions.

First, I'd like to say thank you for the input on my question. It helped my indecision quite a bit. I'd counter McFadden for Ridley. Gates, like you said isn't getting as many looks while rudolph is, so you've got the "upper hand" here. I'd say go for the back who's putting up consistent numbers and not hope that McFadden gets his stuff back together. On the other side of the coin, you COULD risk McFadden if you believe that Oakland can get its pass game together, but honestly, Oakland's offense in general is garbage.