Sign in to follow this  
erik

Trade Michael Turner for Reggie Wayne? Lineup included

10 Team Standard scoring. Play 2RB, 2WR, and Flex

I'm thinking about accepting this trade, but I'm worried about my RB depth. One good game out of Leshoure so far, but I think he could be good, Donald Brown has been okay just no touchdowns, Deangelo is a guessing game and droppable, and Alfred Morris has a harder schedule coming up and I have pretty good receivers. I'm still worried about trusting Turner to get a touchdown each week to keep his points up and now might be a sell high point. Should I wait on this trade and pick up another WR off waivers after I can drop my second D/ST after the Bears bye week, or accept?

My Team

QB Eli Manning, Joe Flacco

RB Ray Rice, Alfred Morris, Michael Turner, Mikel Leshoure, Donald Brown, Deangelo Williams, Ryan Williams* (*Dropping for Dolphins or Buccaneers D/ST)

WR Roddy White, Percy Harvin, Marques Colston

TE Jason Witten, Martellus Bennett

D/ST Bears

K Greg Zuerlein

Thanks!

Leave a link or question if you want my thoughts on your question. Thanks for the help.

How many teams in this league (looks like 10, so that's the assumption I'm using)? What are your required starts every week? (2 WR, 2 RB + 1 flex, I'm guessing, given your dearth of WR on your roster)? Also, what are the WW options at WR you have?

I think Wayne is going to continue to put up big numbers all year, as he's Luck's favorite target. Teams may scheme to try and take him away, but the Colts tend to be playing from behind, so they tend to get Wayne in zone and single coverages a lot, which Luck can exploit. I wouldn't trade Michael Turner for Wayne, though. RB are always more at a premium, and, while Turner is not a week in week out stud, he's still a consistent scorer and a solid #2 RB or flex option.

Personally, I would drop DeAngelo Williams and look for some options on the WW at WR to give you depth. Unless Williams gets traded or Stewart gets hurt, his value is impossible to gauge week in and week out. If you want to play the guessing game, go ahead, but I think you have enough depth as it is unless you have to start 3 RB, which would be an odd league setup :P

BTW - Another option you could consider is packaging Leshoure with Brown to try and upgrade your RB situation. Not sure how likely a trade might be, but Leshoure's got tough RB defenses in the next few weeks, so his stock could slide a bit. Brown's stock is up a bit after a nice game against Green Bay. That could open up a spot to add depth, too.

Here's my question.

How many teams in this league (looks like 10, so that's the assumption I'm using)? What are your required starts every week? (2 WR, 2 RB + 1 flex, I'm guessing, given your dearth of WR on your roster)? Also, what are the WW options at WR you have?

I think Wayne is going to continue to put up big numbers all year, as he's Luck's favorite target. Teams may scheme to try and take him away, but the Colts tend to be playing from behind, so they tend to get Wayne in zone and single coverages a lot, which Luck can exploit. I wouldn't trade Michael Turner for Wayne, though. RB are always more at a premium, and, while Turner is not a week in week out stud, he's still a consistent scorer and a solid #2 RB or flex option.

Personally, I would drop DeAngelo Williams and look for some options on the WW at WR to give you depth. Unless Williams gets traded or Stewart gets hurt, his value is impossible to gauge week in and week out. If you want to play the guessing game, go ahead, but I think you have enough depth as it is unless you have to start 3 RB, which would be an odd league setup :P

BTW - Another option you could consider is packaging Leshoure with Brown to try and upgrade your RB situation. Not sure how likely a trade might be, but Leshoure's got tough RB defenses in the next few weeks, so his stock could slide a bit. Brown's stock is up a bit after a nice game against Green Bay. That could open up a spot to add depth, too.

Here's my question.

Wow thanks for the in depth reply. I We start 2 rbs, 2 wr, and a flex. WW recievers right now are Denarius Moore, Gibson, Burleson, Mike Williams, Kendall Wright, Randall Cobb and that's about all worth mentioning.

I definitely agree with your thoughts on Deangelo Williams, and Panthers offense has been terrible. I was going to drop him this week for a D/ST because the Bears are on bye but then Ryan Williams got injured and is done for the season. I've tried to package Leshoure and Brown, but because Leshoure only has had one good game and then had a terrible game I didn't get any offers.

Cheers,

Erik

Here's my question.

Very well said. Good writeup.

I say you do that trade. Wayne is as reliable as it gets on the WRs department. (This is almost impossibrl to get from WRs) Turner is a roller coaster. They are throwing the ball a lot that takes touches away from Turner. U are very set up with Rice and Morris. If the need arises you can trade any of your top 3 receivers for a top back easly and you won't loose performance as if either Morris or Rice get injured u are left at the mercy of Turner's inconsistency. In the mean time you can play Wayne on your flex spot for. Guaranteed 15+ points a game. To me this deal wins you the league.