Sign in to follow this  
dream_team

Sanchez vs Weeden... Yes, I'm serious!

With Peyton Manning on his bye, and my failures to stash a bye week QB, I'm forced to be picking someone up on free agency to fill in at QB this weekend. These are all of the starting QBs available in my league:

Mark Sanchez

Brandon Weeden

Sam Bradford

Blain Gabbert

John Skelton

Russell Wilson

I have narrowed it down to Sanchez vs Weeden. Bradford has an outside chance if you can convince me.

Sanchez - The Patriots may jump out to a big league, so Sanchez may get some garbage TDs late in the game. Patriots also are giving up a ton of points to opposing QBs.

Weeden - This guy has actually been airing it out all season. He's put together back-to-back decent games. If he can cut down the INTs, he can have a nice game against the Colts.

WHIR

Weeden is definitely the best of the craptastic bunch. Gotta love the matchup, and he hasn't been half-bad in recent weeks.

Is Hasselbeck still out there? If so, I'd take him over Weeden.

Weeden is definitely the best of the craptastic bunch. Gotta love the matchup, and he hasn't been half-bad in recent weeks.

Is Hasselbeck still out there? If so, I'd take him over Weeden.

Thanks for the response. Nope, Hasselbeck is surprisingly on someone's roster.

I'm a little surprised Weeden is running away with this so easily.

I'm very intrigued with Sanchez' matchup. If you look at the fftoday's Fantasy Strength of Schedule... Colts are -8.6% against QBs, while the Patriots are 35.7%!

I would go with Weeden.

I have a hard time imagining Sanchez having two great games in a row, especially being that the second one is against a ticked off Patriots team.

i think i'd lean towards weeden, though the matchup isn't as good. NYJ are gonna have to throw and i like Snachez's chances, i almost picked him up as a bye week fill in for Ryan. The problem is, NE can stop the run pretty well and so that leaves Sanchez to throw. He is completing something like only 50% of passes and just doesn't have the WRs to burn those horrible NE corners. Weeden probably will get you 10-15 pts but i think Sanchez is a higher risk/reward...

thanks for mine.