Sign in to follow this  
72dolfan

Has Hardesty Been a Healthy Scratch Most of the Season?

I see he was off the stats chart until last week when Richardson went down. Richardson looks like he's going to play this week, but does anyone know if Hardesty has even been active the other weeks (obviously he was active last week).

Ayine think his performance last week will get him some touches this week, even with a semi-healthy Richardson? Wondering if he's a bye week fill in at RB.

The answer to your question is YES. Hardesty was a healthy scratch until last week. I drafted Trent Richardson and thus have watched a number of Browns games this season. Here is how I see it:

Trent is the workhorse and if healthy, will get by far the lions share of the carries. Cleveland is not a great team so its not like he was receiving 25+ carries a game even as a workhorse. He rushs more like 15-19 attempts anyway. Therefore T-Rich, despite being the workhorse was not being 'overworked' because the Browns simply don't run many offensive plays. So its not like they are going to split carries and give T-Rich 10 carries and Hardesty 6. If T-Rich is healthy Hardesty has ZERO value. His only value is as a handcuff or if T-Rich is OUT.

And even with that said Chris Ogbonayya (#25) was spelling T-Rich in the 5 other games. He is a great reciever and would spell Richardson on 3rd down from time to time. The only reason Hardesty got burn was because Cincy was actaully winning a football game and they used him to burn the clock. In PPR leagues if T-Rich goes down, Hardesty and Ogbonayya would more than likely split carries with Ogbonayya getting a ton of receptions and playing on any passing downs.

What I'm saying is that if you are a non T-Rich owner and picked up Hardesty thinking you could have lighting in a bottle (like a Spiller/Hunter/Jaquizz) if the starting RB goes down then you are probably mistaken.

I had number one waiver postion in my league and let somebody else grab Hardesty, then picked up Ogbonayyya this morning for free while perserving my #1 ww spot.