Sign in to follow this  
kriegz

FLEX Pick 2: Bye Week Blues

This bye week has had me going back and forth on my flex options all week. None of the options are great but there will certainly be a good game or 2 to go around between these guys. Help me make the right choice!

Rules:

-The league is PPR

-Decimal scoring

-I have 2 flex positions where I can start RB/WR/TE

Here are the options....PICK 2!

Jermaine Gresham vs. Pit

Gresham has had a few good games as of late and is becoming a borderline bye-week TE1. However, I already have Rudolph locked in that position. The positives are that Polamalu will be out, and the Steelers D has been down in the past weeks. The negatives are that Gresham has had poor showings against the Steelers historically, explained by his increased role pass blocking against blitzing linebackers. The other factor here is that I am also starting A.J. Green as my WR1. Another flex option I have is Andrew Hawkins, and I really would rather not start 3 Bengals as there is low likelyhood they will all be good plays.

Andrew Hawkins vs. Pit

I figure that either Hawkins or Gresham will be a good play this week. The positives for Hawkins are that his snap count has been on the rise and that competing WR Armon Binns will likely be out this week. The negative is that he plays less snaps than Gresham. I will likely choose between Hawkins and Gresham for the first flex positon.

Pierre Thomas vs. TB

The obvious positive for Pierre here is that this is a PPR format. He rarely gets less than 3 catches in a game and has a lower floor than most of my options. However, Sproles will be highly involved and the Bucs have morphed into a top run defense in the league. I figure that there is a low cieling for Pierre, which may not benefit me in a week where I have to start so many questionable players.

Darrius Heyward-Bey vs. Jac

At the beginning of the season, this would look like a great play for me. However, DHB has failed to produce more than 10 points in a game in our format, which is not a tough milestone for a good player to reach. The positive is that he played the most snaps last week of any Oakland WR. Also, he will draw a plus matchup against a week Jags secondary. The negatives are that he hasn't produced a solid game all season and that he didn't record a catch in last weeks game. Also, the Raiders figure to focus heavily on McFadden this week, minimizing the effect of the Carson Palmer's innefective passing game.

Chris Givens vs. GB

Givens may have the highest ceiling of any of my flex options as well as the lowest floor. He has a great matchup against a weak GB secondary. If the Packers get ahead early, the Rams could be looking for the pass often. Givens is a big play threat and has experienced the biggest benefit from the injury to Amendola. However, he is a relatively unproven asset and could be exposed as a one-trick pony deep threat. Other players such as Quick and Smith have seen looks at his position and St. Louis isn't exactly an elite passing team.

Wild Cards:

- David Wilson vs. Was: I have the sleeper RB on my bench and Bradshaw is questionable. He is a high upside play but I doubt he gets more touches than Andre Brown, even in Bradshaw's absence.

- Earl Bennett vs. Det: I do not currently own him but I have contemplated dropping Givens or Garcon for his services. With Jeffery out, he could be a sneaky play against a banged up Lions secondary. He seems to be designed for a PPR format like this.

Let me know what you guys would do if this was your team! I would appreciate if you drop a little bit more than the names of the guys and provide a little reasoning. I will definitely help you justify your tough decisions, simply drop a link with your response!

Thanks in advance!

Hmm... decisions.

When did playing vs Pit seem like a good idea? No Polumalu makes it intriguing. The safest play is Hawkins and Gresham with AJ comanding double teams you can see them getting the benefits maybe a TD.

Safe means nothing flashy but won't win you this week alone. 5-8 game performance a pop. But unlikely to flonder both. Dalton has been getting 300 yds... AJ can't get 30 catches on his own.

I don't like Gresham but combined with Hawkins either or will secure the TD.

If you feel like you need more points cause of byes and matchups u got to gamble... WILD card have one intriguing choice Earl Bennett vs. attrocious secondary brain says yes gut says wtf is Bennett. Cutler had 2 bad games against tough Ds but this aint no fericious D... except last week v Eagles. The bye definately aid in this pick. I like him as your highest ceiling no James Jones performance but a TD or 65+yds not out of question or both.

Heyward-Bey... I feel you but his health is a big issue and with Denarius Moore you don't know what to expect I feel play is too erradic bench him till he proves he can do better than 0 rec for 0 yds... fair?

Um, Wilson ... he's good but Coughlin game him the Cesar thumbs down... that means Brown and Bradshaw got to be hurt for him to get a crack. Pierre... I think of the -1 rush yd D Williams got at the start of the yr vs TB... and say no thx I'll pass this week. Givens... hmm... did u see GB... defense Sunday night... um... they can't stop RBs but with C Woodson as safety its tough pickens for WRs.

Its your call my gut says Bennett with Hawkins... you can get vultured with a 1 yd Gresham TD but at least you won't feel dumb if Bennett goes for 70 yds and TD.

Givens... Amendola is coming back soon I would get Josh Gordon or someone else if your ww got any good choices.