Sign in to follow this  
thesitedoc

Heath Miller #14 TE on ROS Ranking

We have 7 weeks of data for this year which has him at #3 overall in the TE position for both PPR and non-PPR. A QB quoted as saying he wants to make him a pro bowler and an OC that likes to utilize the TE position.

What's not to like. Why #14.

This is a good question. I think it has to do with peoples perception of upside. Miller will probably continue to get the same types and frequency of targets which means he probably won't ever go for 8/110 2. That is what some people think is other TEs upside on any given week.

I have Miller in several leagues having drafted him cheaply and I am happy to start him over those upside options weekly now. I stupidly started the other upside guys (even though I personally evaluated Miller higher) for a couple of weeks costing me several wins across a few leagues. If you own him you shouldn't care where he is ranked unless you let others ranks affect your confidence enough to bench him as I did earlier in the year.

I actually drafted Graham and was quite pleased to grab Miller, only to watch him perform like a true #1 TE while Graham has been out. I agree it must be name recognition or something else that has his true value dampened in some way.

I will be starting him vs that week Wash pass D this week one more time just to make sure Graham is back and heatlhy and not being used as some sort of decoy this week.

The reason I am also a bit surprised by his ROS ranking is because I want to use him as trade bait eventually. He has been consistently good all season. That could be worth something in return.

There are several really bad rankings on there, just a few I noticed

McGahee 21st ranked rb rest of way. I would have him in the top 15 at least perhaps top ten with the matchups remaining.

Eli ahead of Peyton is hilarious, Peyton has outscored him in my league and eli hasnt had his bye.

I would rather have Roethlisberger than cam or Vick and Luck should be higher he isnt going to get any worse.

Andre Johnson #10 wr overall? That has got to be a joke, he doesn't get enough targets to be in the top 20 much less the top ten