Sign in to follow this  
sdc90291

Do you do this Mega trade?

Traditional performance league. I'm currently 3-4, 100 points and 2 games below the leader. My team:

QB: Stafford, Fitzpatrick

RB: CJ2K, Morris, F JAx, Ridley, A Green, R Jennings

WR: Nicks, Bryant, Wayne, Floyd, Givens

TE: Olson

K: Walsh

Def: NYG

On paper, not bad, but underperforming thus far...

Trade: I give up Stafford, CJ2K, Nick, and I get M Ryan, Hartline and Britt. Dont think I do that one, BUT he also has Megatron and Julio JOnes. Would you stay pat and hope that Stafford returns to 2011 form, or do you trade away Stafford, either CJ2K or Morris, plus a WR for Ryan, Hartline and either Megatron or J Jones? Another team offered Andre Johnson & Jimmy Graham for Morris. Would you be more inclined to take that one?

Appreciate your input. Leave a link and I'll answer yours

Traditional performance league. I'm currently 3-4, 100 points and 2 games below the leader. My team:

QB: Stafford, Fitzpatrick

RB: CJ2K, Morris, F JAx, Ridley, A Green, R Jennings

WR: Nicks, Bryant, Wayne, Floyd, Givens

TE: Olson

K: Walsh

Def: NYG

On paper, not bad, but underperforming thus far...

Trade: I give up Stafford, CJ2K, Nick, and I get M Ryan, Hartline and Britt. Dont think I do that one, BUT he also has Megatron and Julio JOnes. Would you stay pat and hope that Stafford returns to 2011 form, or do you trade away Stafford, either CJ2K or Morris, plus a WR for Ryan, Hartline and either Megatron or J Jones? Another team offered Andre Johnson & Jimmy Graham for Morris. Would you be more inclined to take that one?

Appreciate your input. Leave a link and I'll answer yours

I'd try those three for Julio and Ryan. I do like the second trade as well but it leaves your RB 2 a little soft. That one turns into match hell. I'd actually try both.

Not sure I would do this. Target Palmer and/or Freeman as your second QB instead. Both have some really nice matchups going forward and wont cost you as much.

I agree with the post of staying put - I would not be suprised if Stafford reverts back to the mean and tears it up the rest of the way. I'm being serious. Alternatively you might figure out what exactly each of your potential trade partners is really after and see if you can't counter with something a little more accretive for you. Please answer mine. http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=411300

Thanks for seeing mine.

In terms of DVOA, the gap between Ryan and Stafford is really small (Ryan is ranked 8th, Stafford 10th). This doesn't translate directly to ff points, but it's a decent indicator of whether or not a QB's play is off when you're trying to project future performance. Megatron won't suddenly revert back to last year's model, but he'll probably get better as the season goes on, which will help Stafford's numbers.

I would not trade for Johnson right now. He's having a terrible (by his standards) year on an excellent team--moving Johnson right now means hoping to find a sucker who values name recognition over performance. Don't be that sucker.

I don't think stafford going to return to his 2011 status, and i don't like either of those trade feel as if your giving up way to much, chris johnson schedule pretty cakewalk and i think he will return to number one status. Jimmy graham ankle still in questions and how/when he returns makes him a risky trade option. not seeing the other guys lineup is tough to decide what you should offer him but i would try dump fred jackson, stafford and bryant on him for ryan and julio