Sign in to follow this  
checkdown

Week 9 Start and Sit Answers

Hey everybody,

Here again to take your start/sit q and a this morning. Fire away.

Also working on a column at my blog, so, may transfer some stuff there and usually provide more detail there, but, happy to answer in either spot. http://checkdownchatter.com/?p=2943

Good luck this week.

PPR League. Bonus at 100 yds, 150 yds and 200 yds

Dez Bryant @ ATL

Denarius Moore v. TB

PPR League. Bonus at 100 yds, 150 yds and 200 yds

Dez Bryant @ ATL

Denarius Moore v. TB

This is an interesting question as if I was assessing it without the bonus I'd be all over Moore, but, the yardage bonus makes me question things.

Taking a look at it straight up, the matchup definitely favours Moore. He plays a Bucs team that has yielded the 3rd most fantasy points to wide receivers on the season and has given up a 10+ point wideout in every game but 2, so, there isn't much to be intimidated about there.

That said, Bryant has hit the threshold in 2 games this season and came very close in another. Last week, the Cowboys gave us 3 100 yard receivers. Moore has eclipsed 100 yards just once.

Still, the Falcons have given up just 1 100 yard receiver this year (it was Moore, actually)... so, the odds of Bryant hitting the mark aren't great, and, as such I'd use Moore who has scored in 4 of 6 games this season.

This has been killing me the whole week!!!! I'm literally 50/50....in ppr do i start rashad Jennings who's averaging 5-6 catches a game vs lions or Alfred Morris who has 5 rec whole yr vs panthers??? Whoever you pick I will start so chose your guy carefully lol

This is an interesting question as if I was assessing it without the bonus I'd be all over Moore, but, the yardage bonus makes me question things.

Taking a look at it straight up, the matchup definitely favours Moore. He plays a Bucs team that has yielded the 3rd most fantasy points to wide receivers on the season and has given up a 10+ point wideout in every game but 2, so, there isn't much to be intimidated about there.

That said, Bryant has hit the threshold in 2 games this season and came very close in another. Last week, the Cowboys gave us 3 100 yard receivers. Moore has eclipsed 100 yards just once.

Still, the Falcons have given up just 1 100 yard receiver this year (it was Moore, actually)... so, the odds of Bryant hitting the mark aren't great, and, as such I'd use Moore who has scored in 4 of 6 games this season.

I was leaning that way also because Dez's status is in doubt and they play the Sunday night game. Thanks.

This has been killing me the whole week!!!! I'm literally 50/50....in ppr do i start rashad Jennings who's averaging 5-6 catches a game vs lions or Alfred Morris who has 5 rec whole yr vs panthers??? Whoever you pick I will start so chose your guy carefully lol

Haha... putting the pressure on, eh?

Is it 1 point per reception or a half?

Either way, I do think you're going with Morris. He's been getting it done all season, the matchup is appealing, and I think that the Redskins continue to lean on him. Jennings may catch a few balls for the Jags, particularly if they trail the Lions, but, there are more points, more opportunities and more yards to go around in the Car/Was game.

For what its worth: the Lions haven't allowed more than 31 yards receiving to an opposing back this year so it suggests that backs aren't catching a ton of balls against them.

I was leaning that way also because Dez's status is in doubt and they play the Sunday night game. Thanks.

I don't think Dez misses the game, but, you make a fair point about his status being up in the air until it is too late.

Is Megatron's injury enough to bench him? He's been a bit disappointing last couple weeks with all the double coverage and drops.

PPR league where I usually start:

Calvin Johnson

Percy Harvin

Marques Colston

I have Antonio Brown or Pierre Thomas who can slide into Calvin Johnson's slot as WR or FLEX respectively. Thoughts?

Is Megatron's injury enough to bench him? He's been a bit disappointing last couple weeks with all the double coverage and drops.

PPR league where I usually start:

Calvin Johnson

Percy Harvin

Marques Colston

I have Antonio Brown or Pierre Thomas who can slide into Calvin Johnson's slot as WR or FLEX respectively. Thoughts?

I think you're putting Thomas in over Megatron as a flex. Its a tough decision, but, at this point I do think he's more of a decoy than anything else if he's on the field. If he plays, I'm sure he gets some targets, but I don't know if it will be enough to help - particularly if he's playing just on 3rd downs.

PT gets a big PPR uptick this week without Sproles in the lineup.

Brown hasn't scored in more than a month, so, he's tough to promote.

I think you're putting Thomas in over Megatron as a flex. Its a tough decision, but, at this point I do think he's more of a decoy than anything else if he's on the field. If he plays, I'm sure he gets some targets, but I don't know if it will be enough to help - particularly if he's playing just on 3rd downs.

PT gets a big PPR uptick this week without Sproles in the lineup.

Brown hasn't scored in more than a month, so, he's tough to promote.

Romo or Flacco

M Williams or Lance Moore

Qb help choose 1

M. Stafford vs Jax

or M.Ryan vs dal

Wr help choose 3

E.Decker vs cin

Julio Jones vs dal

V. Jackson vs oak

T. Young vs Jax

J. Nelson vs ari...he will most likely sit due to injury

Thanks

thanks ...PPR league. need 2 of these 3 (fills a RB and flex spot).

Ahmad Bradshaw

Pierre Thomas

Titus Young

also Gresham or Branden Myers at TE?

THANKS