Sign in to follow this  
jeffy44

Is this right?

Who does the # 1 seed play in then FF playoffs in a 12 man league assuming the top 2 seeds got first round byes? The winner of the 4-5 game or the winner of the 3-6 game? Kind of a big deal, thanks.

Who does the # 1 seed play in then FF playoffs in a 12 man league assuming the top 2 seeds got first round byes? The winner of the 4-5 game or the winner of the 3-6 game? Kind of a big deal, thanks.

the play the lowest remaining seed. so no matter what they are not playing the #3 seed.

the play the lowest remaining seed. so no matter what they are not playing the #3 seed.

Agree. The top seed should have the easiest path to the championship game. In my league we had the 6 seed beat the 3 seed so the 6 is playing the 1 seed in the semis.

i dont believe any of my seeds reshuffle. so the first seed gets sort of screwed if the 3 seed wins.

i dont believe any of my seeds reshuffle. so the first seed gets sort of screwed if the 3 seed wins.

In my yahoo league that does not reshuffle, the 1 seed plays the winner of 4/5 no matter what. I think they set it up that way so that, without upsets, 1 plays 4 and 2 plays 3 after 5 and 6 are eliminated.

Is it normal to reshuffle the seeds?

that's how the actual NFL playoffs are. in the Wildcard round the 4th seed Division winner gets the higher seeded of the two Wildcards.

after the Wildcard round the #1 seeded Division winner simply can't get the #3 seeded division winner as an opponent because they shuffle seeds. they can either play the #4 seeded division winner or one of the two wildcard teams depending upon which is the lowest seed remaining.

in the Conference championship, seed still has a factor, as the highest seed gets home field.