Sign in to follow this  
hockyplr

Getting #NUM! Error

The Max bid column all over the cheat sheet has #NUM!, which generally means the cell is not large enough to display the value, is there a simple way of fixing it on all sheets?

Actually, I think that would indicate a formula error, not that it just isn't displaying because the column is too narrow. Number to big for a column should just show ####.

Check your auction settings on the rules tab. Do you have a positive number (not zero) for each of the min bid and min increment?

The number is 1 for both min bid and min increment. However on the rules page I am seeing ##### for some reason and it is a small number and plenty of cell space.

You can send me your copy of Draft Buddy if you like, and I'll take a look. Maybe that is the easiest/fastest way to figure this out. Hit me up at compiler@fftoday.com

I am getting the ##### for some of my cells. I am pretty sure it is that the cell is not large enough to display the value, the salary cap for this keeper league is $2000 so some of the star players salaries get over $1000 once adjusted for inflation. Also, just putting the $2000 cap in the rules section gives me the ##### for that value. Not as worried about that as it seems to be calculating the auction values for the players correctly and has the right value for the team caps on the summary page. Anyway, just wondering if there is an easy way to adjust the cell size to show me the inflated values? Along the same lines, is there an easy way to change the cheat sheets font to something larger and easier to see? or is it best to just highlight the column and change the font that way?

Thanks,

Mac

Hi Mac. It is pretty easy to change the column width so they are wider. Just click on the cells where you are seeing the ### and select Format > Column > AutoFit Selection or > Width and manually set the width until you get it big enough for your liking.

If you find the cheatsheets too small to read (I'm always trying to pack as much info into one screen or page for printing as possible), the best way to adjust for viewing on the screen is to change the zoom. Try View > Zoom or you might see a Scale with a % drop-down right on the ribbon toolbar (newer Excel) under the Layout heading.

If you want to adjust the cheatsheets for printing, I wouldn't change the font, but instead adjust the print settings to print on more pages. Right now it is scaling to fit to one page. Try File > Page Setup and instead of fitting to 1 Wide by 1 Tall, switch to 2 Wide by 2 Tall. Then you might want to play around with the print settings so it prints QB/RB/WR on one page, K/DEF on another page, TE and bottom half of RB/WR on a third page.

That did the trick! Knew it was something easy I was just overlooking. I will play around with the cheatsheets in a few days.

Thanks!!