Sign in to follow this  
JREarly

Help With Trade Involving Martin and Rice

10 team league. Standard scoring. No bonus points for yardage. 4 points per passing TD. Please let me know if I should make this trade or sit tight with my current roster. All comments/suggestions welcomed.

Current roster:

Starters

QB - Kaep

WR - Green

WR - Cobb

WR - A. Brown

RB - Rice

RB - Gore

TE - Sudfeld

K - Janikowski

DEF - Bengals

Bench

Vick

Vereen

Bernard

L. Moore

Givens

Thompkins

Guy wants to trade me Doug Martin, Wes Welker, Emmanuel Sanders and Jonathan Dwyer for Ray Rice, Randall Cobb and Mike Vick.

I like this trade because it gives me Martin, who I am a little higher on than Rice. I feel like I am taking a hit on my WR's but I really believe that Lance Moore or Givens could be a good WR3 for me, or of course Welker. Not sure about having Brown and Sanders both and I believe that Vick will have a pretty good year. This trade would leave me without a backup QB and force me to pick up someone like Cutler/Bradford/Schaub/Palmer. This guy has been trying to trade with me the past few days and this is the trade I like the best. Trade would give him Stafford, Marshall, VJ, Cobb, Rice, Ridley, Cook as starters. Thoughts?!

I think I would make the trade. I'm a little higher on Martin than Rice as well. Welker will give you nice production as a high WR3/low WR2. Bell's injury in Pitt gives Dwyer much more value. Sanders is kinda just a throw in. Cobb's injury may be a little more serious than the Packers are letting on and could be a headache for you all year. As for losing Vick, I think you'd be more than fine picking up Palmer or Cutler as a backup.