Sign in to follow this  
Patrick977

Redman & DeSean for DeAngelo & Alshon? (WHIR)

Leave a link to yours!

Completed my draft on Thursday. I'm going to lay out the entire rosters of the two teams in addition to the trade. I'm pretty weak at RB so that's the main reason this trade was offered to me. League starts 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1PK, 1DST.

Trade offer -
I get: RB DeAngelo Williams & WR Alshon Jeffery
I give: RB Isaac Redman & WR DeSean Jackson

My whole team:

QB: Peyton Manning & Philip Rivers
RB: Adrian Peterson, Lamar Miller, Isaac Redman, Michael Bush, Toby Gerhart (yeah, weak beyond top two - basically gave up on it after waiting too long for RB3)
WR: Demaryius Thomas, Pierre Garcon, DeSean Jackson, Stevie Johnson, Vincent Brown
TE: Vernon Davis, Brandon Myers
PK: Randy Bullock, Josh Brown
DST: Denver, San Diego

His whole team:

QB: Matt Ryan & Josh Freeman
RB: Arian Foster, Alfred Morris, DeAngelo Williams, Ben Tate, Le'Veon Bell, James Starks
WR: Wes Welker, Kenny Britt, Alshon Jeffery, Mohammad Sanu
TE: Jared Cook, Brent Celek
PK: Phil Dawson
DST: Pittsburgh, Tennessee

Basically he upgrades his WR3 and security for his RB3 should Le'Veon Bell not come back as expected. I get an actual honest to goodness usable RB3 that can seemingly be counted on to start while downgrading my WR3 slightly from Jackson to Johnson. Alshon is obviously a significant downgrade at the WR4 position from what I have now. I currently will probably be starting three WRs each week and praying to God that nothing happens to my top two backs. I'd probably still start three WRs with the trade but have some security.

I really like Jackson this year and think he will do quite well, so I hate to lose him, but I'll be honest, this trade offer struck me as him actually giving up the better part of the deal. What do you all think? Accept as offered? Reject? Counter? I considered the idea of floating Stevie Johnson instead. I'm fairly certain he wouldn't accept Vincent Brown.

He also offered Le'Veon Bell & Alshon Jeffery for Lamar Miller & DeSean Jackson which I have yet to refuse flatly but certainly will. That gives me no help at all.

Horrible trade for you.

You get Alshon who doesn't even shake a stick at DJax and DeAngelo may be the worst starting RB in the league. Whether it's because he's just not good or his offensive line is that bad. He has looked horrible in the pre-season and hasn't done anything in the league for a while.

I think DJax will out produce DWill and Alshon all by himself. Redman is a decent back who has this season in his own hands. If he can produce the first few weeks until Bell gets back he could earn decent playing time when Bell comes back and takes over. I don't think Redman will become a RB1, but I think he could be a decent fill in. At the very least I think he can put up as many points as DWill. Even as a back-up.