Sign in to follow this  
DiaperKid

Foster Trade?

How do you guys feel about Foster? Think I should try to trade him away for someone now? I feel like he could be splitting a lot of carries.

I would agree with that. I think its becoming more and more clear that Tate is the better back at this point. If Foster goes down again, he could become the second option when he returns. You should be able to get solid value for him, especially if you find a desperate owner.

Who do you think I should go for? I'd like another RB. This is my team in a 12-team non-PPR league.

Tom Brady
Arian Foster

Chris Johnson

Knowshon Moreno

Pierre Garcon

Marques Colston

Tony Gonzalez

Mason Crosby

Greg Jennings

Denarius Moore

Ben Tate

Jackie Battle

Doug Baldwin

Willis McGahee

Philip Rivers

It can be tricky trading a RB for a RB straight up because its stricktly a gut call. You basically have to find someone in your league who has a RB your higher on than Foster, and that same person has be higher on Foster than his guy. I think foster is a higher long term injury risk than Ray Rice, I like Richardson with the Colts, and I think Spiller will rebound. So I would look at guys like that, but since you have Tate I wouldn't fault you for holding on to Foster either.

Combination trade always make it easier to up grade, but you don't have alot to pair up with Foster to make an upgrade. You could pair up Rivers to a guy hurting at Qb. Since you have Brady who isnt playing well I wouldn't do that. You could throw in Tate and Foster which make a solid package for a top RB, but unless that back is AP, I probably wouldn't do that either. If you have a Browns fan in your league you could try and package him with Mcgahee.

In my league, an owner who is 2-0 is going to trade Doug Martin for Foster. I am just going to sit back and enjoy their fall from #1. I don't even consider Foster a great RB1 with the time share with Tate. He has name recognition, but I am not high on him at all.