Sign in to follow this  
likwidbrowns

Who to start?

I am in a PPR league, and struggling to figure out who to start this week based on defenses played.

I need to pick two out of the following (trying to fill the WR spot and WR/RB Flex spot):

Zac Stacy against a moderate houston defense, he is emerging

Jones Drew against denver, but seriously 27 points on the spread?! they will need to throw

Fitzgerald against an amazing san fran defense and he is struggling with carson making the shots

Steve Smith against a weak minnesota defense, but smith has struggled

Keenan Allen against a moderate indy defense, could turn into a shoot out?

Any help would be appreciated, I'm just in a whirlwind...

My current starters:

Andrew Luck

Dem. Thomas

Lynch

Jamaal Charles

Jermichael Finley

Steven Hakunamatata

Indy Defense

Thanks!

I'd go with Smith and Stacy. After Stacy got hurt last week, all the third and short carries went to Richardson and Cunningham, and they didn't get any of them. That means Stacy is going to get the goal line carries, if there are any. He should still get a decent amount of yards though. Smith just because Minnesota is weak, and hopefully Cam has a bounce back week. Fitz and MJD have bad matchups and aren't producing right now anyways. Wait for the report on Donnie Avery though, If he's out you might want to go Allen, as Bowe has been crap this year.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=425527

I think I would favor K.Allen and S.Smith.

The Vikings are not great on defense and I think Smith will have a much better week.

K.Allen because of the reasons you say. A shootout could happen here. Plus, the Colts just played a tough game against Seattle last week and now have to travel across the country. My thinking is that the Colts will have Denver on their minds for next week making this game vs SD a tighter game than it should be. 27-24 type of game.

Thanks for the reply.

Good Luck!

Thanks for mine.

I would go with Allen. He got 9 targets last game and was on the field for 100% of his offensive snaps. Might not be the same 20+ this week as last but seems promising.

Fitzgerald and Stacy all questionable right now so keep an eye on that. Stacy seems like he'll get some ground touches since he had a very good YPC last week (if he's healthy) but he didn't catch a pass (only one target) so that kind of limits his value.

Jones-Drew got a lot of touches but only 3 targets last week. He's promising since they'll have to throw in Denver but is he going to get dumpoff passes? Will he end up resting in the 2nd half if the game is out of reach?

Steve Smith does seem like a good option, the Minnesota secondary does give up a lot of points.

So all of my bench players had a great day, currently beating my opponent 93 - 60 and I have luck, keenan and indy D to go. In the end, when everyone is getting points, doesn't matter who I start!

Thanks for the advice guys!