Sign in to follow this  
theguest123

Standings tiebreaker question (something seems wrong)

10 team league on nfl.com. 4 teams make the playoffs. No divisions, custom point settings and rosters.

I have the most points in the league but am in 5th place. #1 and #2 have a better record than me. The #3 team has the same record as me, but has won the head to head against me (looking on the settings page, this is what is listed as the standings tiebreaker).

Now the problem is the #4 team. He has the same record as me, but we are 1-1 against each other. How is it that he is #4 and I am #5? What gives him the tiebreak? I have more points (also have more points against, but not sure why that would matter). There are no divisions. I won the first matchup by 5, he won the second matchup by 20; is it this overall differential that gives it to him?

Really seems like something is wrong to me, since I have the most points and we have the same record with a 1-1 tiebreak.

Anyone know what could be happening here?

Record vs common opponents or strength of victory... check those.

I'm guessing NFL.com tries to emulate the NFL tie breaking procedures and total points is way down on the list in the NFL.

• Like 1

Record vs common opponents or strength of victory... check those.

I'm guessing NFL.com tries to emulate the NFL tie breaking procedures and total points is way down on the list in the NFL.

I just checked both of those. We have the same record against common opponents, and I have the greater strength of victory vs. those opponents.

The only thing I can see so far is that out of our two head to head matchups, he has the greater strength of victory, even though we are 1-1 against each other.

Any other ideas here?

yea its set to head to head, same as my nfl.com league

But what is it if head to head is the same?

It isn't points for (I have more points for), or record against common opponent (same for both of us), or strength of victory (I have the advantage).