Sign in to follow this  
eaglesfreak

2nd pick overall who to draft in a keeper league? Dez Bryant or Graham?

My 2 keepers are Demaryus Thomas (2nd Round) and Jordy Nelson (5th) round..It is a PPR league with 12 teams...We start 1 rb 4 wrs or 2 rbs 3 wrs...The #1 pick team is picking Calvin Johnson and after him the top 4 piayers are Dez AJ Green and Jimmy Graham..Which one should I go with? If I go with DEZ or Green I will approach this yr starting 1 rb 4 wrs but will stock up on RBs in later rounds and hope I find a gem..

Graham.

He's essentially a WR at your TE spot and there's only one other (J Thomas) who may approach his stats and he likely won't be available if you pass on Graham and take Bryant (who you should take if you decide to pick a WR). Thomas and Nelson are a more than solid 1-2 punch at WR, though.

Yeah, i think Graham is the best pick because of the advantage he gives you at the TE position. Then you have that wrapped up and can take best available WR or RB throughout the draft, instead of being locked in to having to take RB

Would love to have graham but the problem is I think if i draft him I'll have major holes in other areas...Since I dont have a 2nd round pick and a 5th,,If I draft Dez a wr/rb in 3rd and a wr/rb in 4th My lineup would be set and I can look for a Greg Olsen or Jordan reed type of TE in later rounds...if i draft Graham my holes would be in the RB/WR and the RB/WR/TE slots

I would get Jimmy... you won't have a whole at TE you'd have a crater at TE. Olsen was 800 rec yd on 70 rec, 6 TD TE and Jimmy was 1200 rec yd on 80 rec, 16 TD guy... he blows him out of the water. What did Dez get last yr 1200 rec yds on 90 rec, 13 TD. Even straight up he out produced him.

2013 TE scenario was Jimmy Graham owner vs the sorry bastard that didn't have Jimmy. Its ppr so it only makes more sense.

Your looking at this wrong.

1st pick Jimmy TE

2nd pick WR DT

3rd pick top WR/RB

4th pick WR Jordy lower 1 WR

5th pick good WR/RB

6th pick good WR/RB you got a QB yet?

7th pick-9th pick load up on RBs and top QB and score on people taking a TE.

You already have 2 of the 10 top WR do you really need 3? Might as well lock up TE position. See what the board gives you.

I would get Dez... you won't have a whole at TE you'd have a crater at TE. Olsen was 800 rec yd on 70 rec, 6 TD TE and Jimmy was 1200 rec yd on 80 rec, 16 TD guy... he blows him out of the water. What did Dez get last yr 1200 rec yds on 90 rec, 13 TD. Even straight up he out produced him.

2013 TE scenario was Jimmy Graham owner vs the sorry bastard that didn't have Jimmy. Its ppr so it only makes more sense.

Your looking at this wrong.

1st pick Jimmy TE

2nd pick WR DT

3rd pick top WR/RB

4th pick WR Jordy lower 1 WR

5th pick good WR/RB

6th pick good WR/RB you got a QB yet?

7th pick-9th pick load up on RBs and top QB and score on people taking a TE.

You already have 2 of the 10 top WR do you really need 3? Might as well lock up TE position. See what the board gives you.

i'm confused..you say go with dez then after reading what you wrote it points to the direction of Graham? :dunno:

Typo... Jimmy Graham top rec option in NO with top 2 QB.

I tell you why both got injury history... so maybe they miss games... but that is an unknown I won't guess on. Dez is very explosive one game guy... he gets his points in bunches.

I guess, biggest justification is that Dez was healthier. Jimmy missed a game and limited in another "limited" meant 2 TDs. Dez had a broken hand and still finished year strong. Both if healthy will be beasts.

Due as you will Dez might be better receiver but its the crater between 1TE and 5 TE... Jimmy vs Witten compared.. Calvin vs Marshall.. not as much plus all the out of no where WR that pop up every yr.

Graham. He's ranked that high for a reason. Plus you have Thomas and Nelson so you're already stacked at WR. You'll win every week at the TE position and never look back.