Sign in to follow this  
notJames

Keep Foster or Bell?

So I get to keep one player from last year (league details in my sig). I was leaning toward Bell (disclosure: I'm a Steeler fan) before yesterday's legal debacle, but now I don't know. They both have strikes against them:

Foster:

injury history

crazy workload over his career

defenses will focus on him first and foremost

offseason comment about possible retirement

could be going insane (see his interview where he answered every question with "I'm just trying to be the best teammate I can be"

Bell:

YPC not that great

admitted he would lose goal line carries to Blount

offense looks to pass a lot more (could be good for Bell since he catches out of the backfield)

now could face punishment/suspension (if not from the League, definitely from the team)

To top it all off, I have to decide by tomorrow, so I can't even wait to see how the legal stuff pans out.

Any advice that could sway me either way? Or should I forget them both and keep Dez?

Thanks for the help.

Honestly, I'd keep Dez so your keeping Bush?

That is WR + RB so seems safe. Likely Bell falls anyways in draft like Foster for reasons mention I heard a crazy scenario where he went 21st rounder... I'd only moved him down 3 spots I almost yawned lol. Look Ray Rice straight up assaulted fiancée and got a 2 game suspension... why I think Bowe got 1 gamer... last year was like 4 gamer lol... nfl hypocrazy is funny... so to me I took it as nfl/Steelers don't suspend more than 1 game if that maybe fine... still legit starter. He will get carries unfortunately not goal line as much.

I see all your saying. I always trusted Foster more but both are very risky and not ranked ahead of Dez seems lock outside of freak injury. I think those guys fall in draft you can scoop them up later.

I definitely would recommend to handcuff both with Blount or Grimes if you go RB. What picks do you keep/lose?

No loss of picks. Just get to keep one player from last year.

The problem is that with 14 teams, players go quick, and since I'm picking last, I don't know if I'll get a quality RB by the time I pick my first. And while I understand Dez's value, I'd hate to go into the season with a low RB2 as my lead guy. Unless I can snag a Jeffrey or Antonio Brown at the wrap, which would make me feel a little more at ease with the RB deficit.

Thanks for the advice. I'm seriously considering the Dez Contingency now.

It's just safer pick period. Maybe both fall and get your pick of one. If its one guy keeper you can get one round 1 likely the incident means he might drop.