Sign in to follow this  
WarRoomCommish

Confusing Trade - Cousins/DThomas/Vereen for Dalton/Cooks/Forte or Charles

Hey everyone. I need some help thinking through this one as it's a pretty big trade. Here is my current team (non-PPR).

QB: Andy Dalton, Jake Locker

RB: Matt Forte, Jamaal Charles, Donald Brown, Knile Davis, Ben Tate

WR: Vincent Jackson, Mike Wallace, Golden Tate, Brandin Cooks, Marques Colston

TE: Niles Paul, Larry Donnell

As you can see, I'm currently 0-3 on the season. So here is the trade proposal:

Receiving in the trade:

QB: Kirk Cousins

WR: Demaryius Thomas

RB: Shane Vereen

Giving up:

QB: Andy Dalton

WR: Brandin Cooks

RB: Matt Forte or Jamaal Charles

So obviously I'm taking a pretty big hit at the RB level, but I do have a little room to play in the RB field due to my RB bench. My WRs or horrible and my QBs are pretty weak. Should I make this trade (I'm leaning toward giving up Forte)? Additionally, he has Jay Cutler. Seeing how D Thomas is doing so bad I might be able to get Cutler instead of Cousins.

Or should I just ride it out right now and hope that my WRs wake up? Maybe VJax will get better with his new QB?

Lot of moving parts here. Thanks for any help you can provide. And I'd be happy to give my advice on any questions you might have. Just put a link to your question into your response below. Thanks again!

PPR league I say do it, but otherwise you have to know that your RBs will start playing like they should soon. Once Charles comes back he will be fine and Forte has had some tough matchups but should get easier now.

I like RB duo and you even got Knile so he is legit handcuff... DT for a RB swap isn't great... as your seeing maybe other guy even elite WRs have down weeks more often than RBs.

Unless, your having doubts of finishing with JCharles stay the course... glad to see you were smart enough to handcuff JCharles. Your WR core isn't that bad just don't be married to a WR ie. VJax play matchups ok... even consider starting both NO WRs and benching VJax this week.

I told DT owners that Sanders mimics his game the most and with Welker down will likely take looks away from him with Welker back DT will dominate once, Welker is in form. This guy likely took him 1 pick and feels dumb for passing up both RBs and maybe more dumb if he passed on one twice.

You got 2 top 4 RBs with a decent handcuff that held you over what's not to like...

The only deal I do is this K Davis + JCharles + Andy = DT + Vereen + Cousins (if you like his schedule and risk possibility of RGIII around week 10 taking job). I would stand pat... hell, even throw in Locker over Cousins to start deal low then take QB off the table if you don't like QB swap.

Why do it? You don't think JCharles will hold up the yr and don't want to chance it and get decent value rather than risking season ending IR.

I wouldn't do it. Cousins/Dalton is a wash right now as cousins is unproven. Thomas is def an upgrade over cooks but giving up charles or forte for vereen? NO CHANCE. Other team is preying on the bottom.

You don't have to include Cousins in the deal and if you do I would offer Locker for Cousins first.

I agree Cooks high tag I would do the K Davis cause if JCharles healthy Davis just eats up space and Vereen is useful week to week.

Cousins is a bit of an upgrade at QB, but also with a bigger downside as a relative unknown who has put up a few good games.

DT has struggled relative to his ADP, but that probably won't last, so should be a moderate upgrade over Cooks.

Huge, huge downgrade at RB. Massive. Kills the deal as far as I'm concerned.