Sign in to follow this  
Emteesee

How good is Mariota Rest of Season?

I picked Stafford and Bradford in the draft and have been playing musical QB's all season. I need a QB.

League member offered me Mariota for Maclin so I started doing a little research. In our league, he is 5th in average weekly points; his total points are down because of the bye week. He has been consistent, thrown multiple touchdown in every game so far, etc.

Why isn't Mariota getting more love, and would any of you pull the trigger on this trade? I'm decent at WR so losing Maclin wouldn't be the end of the world...

Will answer in return...

I think hes not getting more love because hes a rookie and people are expecting him to eventually play like one in at least a few games. Im sure there are worse choices that could be made at QB though. That said I'm not sure how much of an upgrade he would be, Yes hes putting up consistent numbers now but that can stop at any time. Bradford and Stafford are playing really bad right now too....but I have to imagine one of those offenses is going to figure it out eventually.

Im on the fence about it...I dont know how I feel trying to ride a rookie QB the rest of the way, but the others are so bad right now it appears to be the best option.

I prefer Marriota over Bradford... health and production to date. His team O is more organized maybe not the marquee names and he gets rush yds. Low turnovers is very good sign for a rookie refer to Winston who already has 4 ints.

I think people just dropped him cause of bye... I would of got him but Alex fits my team better and got better matchup at the bye than him.

I would offer less though... Stafford isn't as bad as he played so far. Maybe a 3WR or 3RB.

Look I get the rookie thing, but Mariota has proven to me that he's going to stay consistent...this is what I believe and that rookie wall could easily kick him and me in the rear! BUT, Marcus has such an amazing work ethic and has shown what he is capable of...I'm an OSU Beaver fan so it truly pains me to say it since he's a former Duck, but I'd go with Mariota...

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=449371&do=findComment&comment=5558784

Thanks!