Sign in to follow this  
ptantam47

CJ Anderson (DEN) or David Johnson (ARI) for playoffs?

Both CJ Anderson and David Johnson are available for my league's waiver run this week. I'm already in the playoffs starting week 15 through 16 (12 player standard league). I was leaning towards CJ b/c we know how good he can be and I may not care too much about the matchups since I always seem to get burned playing the matchups (wasn't NE supposed to shut down the run?). Also, I still David Johnson may be unproven to take on a full load, but he does get PHI and GB in Weeks 15 and 16 while Anderson gets PIT and CIN for those weeks.

CJA is the more talented Broncos back (hillman is faster it that's our it) and Kubiak wants him to be the man in Denver. He will get his chances but never 100% of the work. However, If hillman gets hot they will go with him.

Arians has been so hesitant about DJ all season long, I suspect he will always be in a RBBC. I'm hoping injuries chance throws especially with CJ2K out with a fracture. Obviously, as you point out , the cardinals match ups are much better.

For what it's worth, I'm from Denver and traded CJA 3 weeks ago because he's not 100% reliable - that's why he's on your waiver wire - I can't afford a dud. I put in a claim for DJ this week because of match ups and TD potential.

Mine thanks

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=451297&do=findComment&comment=5593060

Even if Ellington comes back I see him being the "change of pace" back........as long as Johnson does well this week. He definitely has the better match ups for the playoffs. If CJ didnt have his big game last week, you probably wouldn't even be thinking about this. I would go Johnson.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=451342