Sign in to follow this  
HeadTrip

WR Help (weather)

I have been riding Evans and Jordy all year. Evans hasn't been as hot as of late, but still doing okay. I am a bit nervous about the game in Chicago though. 6 degrees at game time and 17 mph wind (not to mention will Rodgers be gimped). I have DeSean Jackson on my bench, where he's been (picked up late season), would you sit Jordy and plug in Jackson?

In only two games has Jordy drawn fewer than 7 targets. He's a solid fantasy player. Although one of those games Nelson didn't do much was against the Bears. I don't think a stinky team can hold him down again. Jackson is very dependent on that one huge pass each game and has gotten them in 3 of the last 4 and is going up against a soft Carolina secondary.

This is a really tough call, but for me I'd still lean Nelson. I wouldn't worry about the temperatures. Although the wind does concern me. I don't know at what point wind MPH begins to really hamper a passing game.

Agree

What's stinky about the Bears is their offense? Their defense is pretty stout and the weather being near zero degrees with wind gusts of 15+ MPH that can impact the passing game especially at Soldier Field. The plus factor here is, Jordy plays in Green Bay, the northernmost outdoor stadium so they do play in these conditions more often than any other NFL team and Nelson has played with them since 2008. Also something I always note is that this is an inter-division game so I don't see a lot of points on the board in this particular matchup.

On the other hand, Jackson has a pretty good matchup and will be playing in much better weather conditions and against a weak Panthers secondary. Panthers are good vs run so Cousins will be launching a lot of passes. Non-divisional game where the Panthers, who are out of the playoff picture and Redskins still fighting for a wild card spot. I can see the Redskins putting up some points through their passing game and if the Skins get up by a couple of TD's, the Panthers will roll over and play dead.