DaBeerz

Super Sunday NFL Pickem Spectacular!

Lamar Jackson blasted the Jets worse than I thought possible. 60+ point FF night for him. Well I hate to say I toldaso, but...I a fuckin' toldaso!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnOcycgXpms 

Follow that performance with the best possible post game interview I ever saw with Mark Ingram stealing the mic and declaring his love (not in so many words but you could tell) for his QB. Jackson might not be able to speak very well, but he's a pretty likeable guy. Look at that love-fest they got going on there! 

On with some picks!

Patriots @ Bengals - Look man why Bill?  WHY MUST YOU CHEAT?  I just don't think Bill and Tom can help themselves. Like the Pats wouldn't have beat the Bengals, they gotta film their plays under the guise of making a documentary? What's the documentary about? Spygate 2.0 will be interesting to see where the NFL comes down on this...but in case you forgot...

Spygate & Deflategate are both confirmed incidents of cheating where they were fined and cost them draft picks.

Even so there's more that they "allegedly" did to cheat but didn't get fined for: 
    • Headsetgate - Opponents regularly have headset malfunctions in Gillette (Tomlin commented on this "That's always the case [at Gillette Stadium]", Tomlin said. : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flwUudG7xGE
    • Signalgate - Stealing Rams/Jets signals
    • PlaySheetgate - Stealing opponents playsheets from the visitor locker rooms apparently happens a lot at Gillette "The practice became so widely known that opponents started putting fake play sheets out."
    • LockerRoomBugGate - Some opponents were worried that the Patriots bugged their locker rooms. "Peyton Manning famously would only speak to coaches outside the locker room.

I could go on but you get the point. Just like the late Eddie Guerrero, Belichick and Brady subscribe to the same philosophy: Cheat To Win baby!   

On with the picks! 

Bucs @ Lions - Who cares, both are out of the playoffs. Interestingly, other than Lamar, Jameis Winston somehow had the most touchdowns in the league, and the most interceptions. I can never decide if he's good or awful.

Bears @ Packers - It's really been a down year for my man Rodgers, it's like he's been told to play ball control or something. He already got McCarthy fired so he can run the offense how he wants, but still pretty mediocre. Where are the fireworks Aaron? 

Texans @ Titans - Game of 2 teams I don't give a about, but it has wild card implications. Tannehill has found new life in Tennessee, if I'd have followed my gut and picked him up on waivers I'd probably still be alive in my FF league. Stupid Kyler Murray kiss my ass. 

Broncos @ Chiefs -  I'm hoping this really could be the year Andy Reid finally figures out how to manage a clock in the playoffs and not over-coach his way into another playoff loss. Just let Mahomes run the damn show and stay out of your own way Andy. Beating the Patriots on the road probably helps his confidence a lot. 

Dolphins @ Giants - This game is your 💩of the week, but I like what the Fins have at least been trying to stay in games and running some good plays. They keep barely losing at the end, I'll take the upset. 

Eagles @ Redskins - This is usually where the Eagles wake up and realize they should probably try to get into the playoffs. Deadskins have been out of it since like week 4 so, probably get on them early and they'll roll over and die.

Seahawks @ Panthers - Apparently the Panthers are looking to break up with Newton, who isn't playing since he's been hurt damn near all year. Basically if the guy ins't mobile he's not going to be a good QB. Remember what Happened to McNabb, McNair, Culpepper, Vick once they couldn't run around to make plays anymore?  Yeah me either. 

Jaguars @ Raiders - Raiders, believe it or not are still alive (on life support) in the playoff hunt. Probably won't matter but they still have something to play for unlike the Jags. Not that anyone will be watching this game. What can I say about the Raiders? Trading away Mack, Cooper, signing then dumping AB... made more sense when crazy Al Davis was still running the show and that says a lot. 

Browns @ Cardinals - So OBJ already want's out of Cleveland, and is actively shopping. Funny how the Browns went from offseason darlings, to the usual middle of the road mediocrity once the season started for reals. I don't think Odell will become an AB level distraction but aren't we tired of these NFL Diva receivers yet? There's always 2 or 3 of these perpetually crying WR in the league every year. 

Vikings @ Chargers - As you know I got nothing but love for Philip Rivers and wish him the best. 😂 But really watching him implode and being on the verge of being benched for good is pretty amusing. 

Rams @ Cowboys - Let's just crush Dem Boyz for good and end their season this sunday would be great. Jason Garrett is only good for motivational clapping and should be fired either way. I just want to know why the nobody told me about this twitter account a long time ago, because that's just amazing: https://twitter.com/clappingjason?lang=en

Falcons @ Niners - I don't know or care what happened to Atlanta, the only question here is how deep will SF go in the playoffs. That defense is good and people are saying SF is the superbowl favorite in the NFC. 

Bills @ Steelers - Ok I know what you're thinking that's a Homer pick. This is a very dangerous time of year for Bills fans. The team is playing well enough to actually give us hope, I may just blow the dust off the Fitzmagic Bills jersey, I dunno. But... as all Bills fans know, there is no such thing as hope, only crushed dreams and sadness that you root for a pathetic failure of a team that will always rip your guts out at the worst moment. Still...Bills are alive and kicking for now before their inevitable first round playoff exit. This could be a really good game, both teams are still in the wild card hunt.

Colts @ Saints - 'aints baby!  I'm all about seeing Brees win another Superbowl and riding off into retirement would be nice. Saints are that team that everyone kinda likes on the side.