Sign in to follow this  
bellyache

Stokley for a 3rd rounder?

What a steal. Stokley is top 10 this year. 3rd rounder is likely a waiver wire type player. Someones obsessed with draft picks.

I threw about 15 deals on the table that involved a trading up from my high #2 to a low #1, trading him straight up for a #2, and a myriad of others - no one would take me up on it.

Midwest's lineup struck me as a little short this week, so I figured he'd make a good home for him. Hopefully I'll end up with a #3 and a very important loss for one of my #1's out of it.

absolute steal.

He offered him to me for a #2, and value wise i woulda taken it...but i am overloaded at that spot. I was going to try to move him on the side and then finsih the deal with J, but alas someone else made the deal before i got back to it.

Stokely for basically nothing...

great deal. i wished i had moved on that quicker....but with Roy W, Larry F, Laverneous Coles, Deoin Branch, and Mike Jenkins i was content with my 2 starters into the future.

Stokely is a pro bowler this year.

He offered him to me for a #2, and value wise i woulda taken it...but i am overloaded at that spot.

And just about everyone else that has any possible need for a WR as well, and some who probably didn't.

It's not like I just jumped at the first offer, I tried my damnedest to do better than this, but the deadline is approaching and if all else failed I wanted to get Stokley somewhere he can help me.

If he is the difference between a Belly win and Belly loss this week, I got the value I needed out of this deal. A bit on the unconventional side, but we'll see what happens.

Yeah that is a pretty good deal. Stokely is having a huge year. If anyone wants to trade me a Pro Bowl receiver for a kicker and 3rd round pick let me know. I could always use some more receiving help!! :huh:

Well, it didn't help Midwest win the game, but he didn't need any help. Stokley got a whopping 0 points, though. Over the last 6 games, he's #28 out of the WR's with 1 big game the only reason he's even there - pro bowl my ass. Eddie Kennison, who is on the waiver wire, has outperformed him over that time period. Todd Pinkston, also on the wire, is 5 points down in that time.

It also freed up a spot for me to pick up Hamilton just in case he does anything next year to mess with Lloyd/Woods. This deal is all good.

Well, it didn't help Midwest win the game, but he didn't need any help. Stokley got a whopping 0 points, though. Over the last 6 games, he's #28 out of the WR's with 1 big game the only reason he's even there - pro bowl my ass. Eddie Kennison, who is on the waiver wire, has outperformed him over that time period. Todd Pinkston, also on the wire, is 5 points down in that time.

It also freed up a spot for me to pick up Hamilton just in case he does anything next year to mess with Lloyd/Woods. This deal is all good.

If a smart owner is paying attention, Stokely is a gaurenteed play on turf.

J remember the season is 16 weeks long not 6.

Stokley is the #3 WR in the NFL on the plastic grass, and it plays to his greatest assest: speed.

Savvy owners, (like me), benched him while he was in Chicago,

Playaz When Stokes is back at home, play him..

You played him in Landry. :thumbsup:

As for these stats, bah. He played at home vs a crap Vikings secondary and got 3 points. At home against a crap Raiders secondary, got 4. He did basically the same both home and away against the Jags. He had two big games at home against the Pack and Texans where he got 2 TD's in each. The two games accounted for 53% of his points on the season. That's why he's at 3 on that list, and that's why he's the "#16 WR" on the season.

He's not a consistent producer by any means and you have about as good of a chance at getting 2 points as you do a big game, even if you start him at home.

Eddie Kennison, who is on the waiver wire, has outperformed him over that time period.

Actually, Eddie is only 15 points behind on the season now and he's been out due to injury part of the year. But he's not on the waiver wire anymore. :wall:

You played him in Landry. :thumbsup:

As for these stats, bah. He played at home vs a crap Vikings secondary and got 3 points. At home against a crap Raiders secondary, got 4. He did basically the same both home and away against the Jags. He had two big games at home against the Pack and Texans where he got 2 TD's in each. The two games accounted for 53% of his points on the season. That's why he's at 3 on that list, and that's why he's the "#16 WR" on the season.

He's not a consistent producer by any means and you have about as good of a chance at getting 2 points as you do a big game, even if you start him at home.

i had no choice but to play him in Landry I have no other WR's.

I benched him in my homer league, and in my SHula League.

:thumbsdown:

;)

Figures he'd get a fat 0 against one team I wanted him to score against and has a TD against a team I didn't. Too funny.

Just getting the worst luck possible to close out this season. Guess that just means a better pick in 06, HA! :banana:

Brandon Stokely is now the #5 FF WR in points

:rolleyes: :thumbsdown: :rolleyes:

Guess I should have traded him to UJB instead. :rolleyes:

looks like you are hell bent on improving that draft pick for me!

thanks buddy!

Guess I should have traded him to UJB instead.   :cheers:

looks like you are hell bent on improving that draft pick for me!

thanks buddy!

Apparantly so, I just can't catch a friggin break here down the stretch. I feel like you in Landry right now, it's really starting to piss me off.

Horsemen losing out and you and UJB both beating Belly will fix it all though, so I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping the frustration will stop.

Stokley just got an extension. I guess this was pretty dumb. :D

Oh well, all you guys that turned down my other offers can feel equally dumb including the guy who will remain nameless who explicitly stated "I don't want Brandon Stokley".

sok though, because it just opens another spot for waiver claims and as Randle-El will soon prove - I can dump off all the talent in the world, I'll find more. You will all soon enough find out what the XDL has known for years - I am the undisputed waiver champion of the world! :rolleyes:

I'd like to make some of these great waiver claims you made but when I was picking last every week it is kind of hard to do. Maybe waiver claims are easier the earlier in the pecking order you pick? ;)

I'd like to make some of these great waiver claims you made but when I was picking last every week it is kind of hard to do.  Maybe waiver claims are easier the earlier in the pecking order you pick? :cry:

Keep telling yourself that. I will be in the playoffs soon, and the waiver magic won't stop. You have been warned. :banana:

Kennison was a very recent FCFS, I even told you about him in this thread.