Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Please take a look at my team

Hi all. Scoring is in my sig, with the exception that it is now a 10 team league.

Went in with the idea of getting depth at WR and RB so as to have good flex ability as well as back-ups for injuries and bye weeks. Chose one of each of the following: TE, K, DEF with plans to get players off of waivers to fill bye weeks. I'll probably waive Michael Bennett when I have to get a third week replacement for Antonion Gates.

What are your thoughts?

QB: Drew Bledsoe, Jon Kitna

RB: Stephen Jackson, Warrick Dunn, Corey Dillon, Frank Gore, Joseph Addai

WR: Torry Holt, Donald Driver, Eddie Kennison, Lee Evans, Troy Williamson

TE: Antonio Gates

K: John Kasay

DEF: Cleveland.

This is my first year in FF, so any help from Geeks on down will be greatly appreciated. If there's anything I can do for you, leave a link.

Thanks in advance

i think that its a fairly strong team. bledsoe should be a solid starter at qb. there are questions about stephen jackson right now but your rb depth is great. i really like your wr's with holt and driver and i think lee evans can be a big contributor this year. antonio gates is obviously a huge pickup. overall i would say that your team is solid all around and i would look into packaging a couple of rbs for an upgrade at a position as the season moves up to take advatage of your depth

plz see mine

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=224088

a new D and your team is :pointstosky:

Thanks guys--the league is composed of alot of FF noobs--including myself. I drafted with the intention of having a strong team during the bye weeks as well as the ability to withstand injuries relative to the ability of the other teams in the league. I took some players with upside, with the hope that I could get some of this year's pleasant surprises.

I chose the Defense I had rated highest in the next-to-the-last round. I planned on going with one defense til bye week, then replacing it. One of the reasons I have Cleveland is that in my noob league, virtually every player picked two defenses before I picked my first and only defense. Please note in my signature the Defense/special teams scoring--points awarded for holding down scoring is pretty limited. Cleveland was actually the 9th Defense based on using the compiler for my league. That being said, here are the defenses currently available:

Jets

Falcons

Eagles

Lions

Rams

Chiefs

Raiders

Packers

Vikings

Bills

Texans

49ers

Saints

Not sure how many defenses--if any--will be released before the start of the season. In that my team was selected for bye week strength as well as the ability to withstand injuries over the course of the season, the first two games I believe will be among the most challenging....any thoughts on the defenses listed above?

Well, we had one guy that played college ball and his picks seemed to be based in part on who he played with during his high school and college career. With him picking, it became somewhat of a 9-player league instead of a 10 player league. Thus, there are alot of solid teams in the league. We had a Peyton Manning lover, so Larry Johnson was the fourth pick in the draft. And I repeat that alot of the managers are FF noobs. I just hope my depth can help me in a league with some really strong teams. Had we had 12 teams, I think my strategy would have paid off better.

Right now my concern is what I should do with my Defense, as chronicled a few posts above this. Any ideas?

Give it a few weeks into the season and find the best free agent def.. Not the one that had one giant week but one the is doing decent every week... Who knows your def might be the suprise of the league this year....