My league treats a sack as a -1 score for the QB. Is it possible for me to use the Draft Buddy custom scoring feature to account for that? If so, is there a guide I can follow that can help me set up how to do that? Thanks!
Another Draft Buddy custom scoring question
Posted 27 August 2018 - 10:09 AM
Hi Bob. Sure, that would be a good category to use the custom scoring feature for. My first question however is do you have projections for sacks allowed? We would need to get those projections into Draft Buddy. Let me know what you've got and what format it is in, and then we will go from there.
Posted 27 August 2018 - 02:42 PM
Hi Mike. Thanks so much for the fast reply. I'd like to use the 2018 qb projections from fantasysharks.com, which include sack projections. In the past I've just ignored the fact that my league includes this odd scoring category and I went with the "FF Today 100%" projections to compile my cheatsheets and rankings. It's worked out just fine, but I think including this category might change the way my rankings look significantly and improve my draft.
I'd like to see what the difference would be if I simply pick that single stat from fantasysharks and merge in in with the FF Today projections vs. what the compile would look like if I took all of the stat projections from fantasysharks. I've never used Projection Pal to bring in outside stats, nor have I been able to figure out how to use the custom scoring feature of Draft Buddy. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Posted 27 August 2018 - 06:39 PM
Since Fantasy Sharks provides their projections in Excel, this should be pretty straight forward - using Projection Pal. Download Pal and try these steps:
1. Download the Excel file with Fantasy Sharks projections. It is a csv file.
2. Open that file in Excel. Copy all of the projections and then you are going to paste them into the Pal file on the QB Raw tab, between the grey highlighted cells.
3. Then change the headings... the only ones that really matter are "LastName, FirstName" for the player name, and "Custom 1" under sacked projections.
4. At the top make sure to check that you want to transfer custom fields. And then click Copy to Draft Buddy.
... did those projections copy into the QB tab in Draft Buddy under the Custom 1 field? Assuming yes, carry on:
5. Go to the custom scoring tab and for QB scoring box beside Custom 1 and under the heading FF Pts, put in the points deducted for a sack, -1. Do not change anything under the heading Ranking.
6. Now hit Compile Cheatsheets and you should see the projected fantasy points now reflect the sacks against.
All good? Any questions?
Posted 27 August 2018 - 09:22 PM
That worked perfectly. Thank you so much for the help -- I can't believe how incredibly easy that was to do! I've been a draft buddy user for 15 years (yikes) and it's very nice to learn something new like this after all this time. Good luck this season.