Sign in to follow this  
Odie

Trade Question

In a basic scoring format would you trade

Rudi Johnson/Chris Perry for Julius Jones and Tatum bell....

Rudi and perry are the only rbs i have ( i inherited this team ) to go along with Bulger/Delhomme as my qbs, Chad Johnson - Derrick Mason - chris chambers - lee evans as my wrs, and whitten as my te

What worries me about rudi is that with him and CJ, im almost canceling either out...

Well Rudi & CJ won't really cancell each other out so much, but rather if Cincy scores you are almost gauranteed to get a TD as one of those two will cross the stripe. Hurts on the bye week and if Cincy is shut down so are you, but that won't happen much unless Palmer goes down.

Not sure I would want to give up Rudi for JJ or Perry for Tatum. Tatum is reportedly not having a good camp and even if he does Denver has always been a RBBC and Marion Barber is going to steal touches from JJ.

I would not so this trade.

No f-ing way.

In Rudi you have a guy that is top 5-6. You would be trading for 2 question marks. Not even close to being a good trade for you.

No f-ing way.

In Rudi you have a guy that is top 5-6. You would be trading for 2 question marks. Not even close to being a good trade for you.

:thumbsdown:

I'd agree, never trade a top 10 RB for two backs of lesser value (Bell and Jones aren't worth Rudi alone, let alone with Perry thrown in there). So this is not the trade for you.

That said, you're in a world of hurt at RB and need to get another starter. I can't give too much advice without seeing the rest of your team. (You can't have just 9 players), but I'd probably try to shop a WR for a RB who's stock is low right now. Maybe a disgruntled Fred Taylor owner might be interested in Mason, who's stock is higher right now, and could easily be a top 15 WR, especially in PPR leagues. (Yes Taylor's risky, but it's better to get a back who is a starter rather than a starter and reserve.)

You're in a tough position, but I wouldn't make this trade.

nope, don't trade Rudi.

and don't worry about Rudi/Chad "cancelling" either.

the strength of your team is clearly WR (Chad Johnson - Derrick Mason - chris chambers - lee evans)... give the '06 season some time, Mason and/or Lee Evans may be able to fetch you a serviceable RB.