Sign in to follow this  
ynotu

Can you trade players that have played TNF?

There is this bug on nfl.com where you can drop your bench players even after they have played their match. Only the ones in your starting lineup are locked. I have been told that other sites lock the bench players as well, so we are discussing a league rule to make those players undroppable.

But what if you want to trade one of these players? Anyone with experience from other sites than nfl.com? Can you trade a benched player on friday after he has played TNF?

On yahoo, at least in our settings, you can drop or trade a bench player at any time. Only those who have played are locked

I had a nice ha ha lock next to Ivory in the fox league after Thursday. I had no intent to drop him but I assume I couldn't.

yes, you can trade a player after they have played on TNF, but the trade will not be processed until Wed morning.

We discovered that flaw on NFL.com too, but enforce it that players can't be dropped until all games are done. One guy "accidentally" dropped Bolden this past Saturday to make another scoop and it was promptly overturned by the commish.

We discovered that flaw on NFL.com too, but enforce it that players can't be dropped until all games are done. One guy "accidentally" dropped Bolden this past Saturday to make another scoop and it was promptly overturned by the commish.

Yeah, but do you ban trades involving locked bench players as well?

Yeah, but do you ban trades involving locked bench players as well?

No ban on trading, no. I don't think there's really parallel, though. The inability to drop a player is to prevent a situation where you might be contemplating between two players, picking one up that happens to play on Thursday night, then swapping on Friday if he didn't live up to expectations. If someone else is up for a trade with one of those players, I'm not sure where the harm is.