Sign in to follow this  
Melissa Stark

Steelers Nation

There is not one guy they drafted that will start week 1 on an 8-8 team...That's not good

There is not one guy they drafted that will start week 1 on an 8-8 team...That's not good

Shazier and Tuitt almost guaranteed? Bryant will be given a shot. And remember we used free agency this year to grab at least one starter in Mitchell at safety. Draft was great

• Like 1

Shazier and Tuitt almost guaranteed? Bryant will be given a shot. And remember we used free agency this year to grab at least one starter in Mitchell at safety. Draft was great

I agree. The Steelers aren't big on starting rookies on defense, but it would be surprising if these two didn't.

Shazier is clearly more athletic/talented than V Williams or even Moats inside. And even if Spence can make it back, he's basically a rookie too. And Tuitt is the edeal 3-4 DE whereas Thomas is really a NT. McClendon too.

Now, if Bryant starts, that means one of two things: either the light comes on and he will be great; or the light doesn't come on for Wheaton, or even DHB, and we're in real trouble at WR.

• Like 1

for Bryant, someone mentioned Plax 2.0. I would take that over Limas Sweed 2.0. Unfortunately Sweed is the first player that popped into my head. Hoping for better luck with Bryant. I believe a few key Free Agent signings might still happen. Would love to see some veteran depth on the OL to help create some competition along with the depth.

Hoping for the best out of this class.

I have to agree. The first player I thought of when they drafted Bryant was Limas Sweed

• Like 1

Chuck Noll passed away on the 13th.

:(

4 in 6. Never to be done again.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Looks like OLB Jason Worilds is going to be gone. Steelers seem to be hoping Troy Polamalu retires, if not, likely will be cut in June and save $6 mil minus $2.5 mil dead money. Ike Taylor is also gone. I would have liked toe resign Worilds but his price tag is going to be $6 to $8 mil range minimum. Maybe bring back James Harrison for 1 more year if needed? Cb, Brice McCain may not get resigned either.

Looks like the Steelers will have to address the Rb position with the impending suspension of Le'Veon Bell.

Cb looks like the primary need via FA and the draft.

DeAngelo Williams was a good signing(2yrs), to fill in for Bell and will give needed depth and versatility. Locking in Big Ben for his career, good move, who else is really out there now that would be any better?