Sign in to follow this  
MarshallHahn

So what is the value right now of Josh Gordon in Dynasty Leagues?

assuming he is out all year, what is his "value"? My team is in position for another championship run to go back to back with Brees, AP, Morris, Stacy, Ellington, Megatron, A Brown and J Graham...AND Josh Gordon who was a huge part of my title last year.

Im not going to just sit on him for a year, waiting for him to do something stupid with all the free time on his hands and get suspended for another year or whatever. I would rather trade him now for something that will help my run THIS SEASON. This is what I did with Julio last season..and it worked well.

What is a legitimate offer?

Is he worth a top level Round 1 rookie pick (top 3)...the pick AND another lesser WR? Worth a 2nd round rookie pick and a player to help?....a lesser starting RB like Jennings, Gerhart or so on?

Obviously hes worth what you can get for him but where is a good point to start? I was turned down for Gordon and my 1.10 rookie pick for 1.1 and Hopkins.

thoughts?

That deal isn't anywhere close to home to me

Hopkins > 1.10

1.1 >>>>> Gordon

You're better off just hoping for good news from Gordon's appeal process (highly unlikely pardon the pun).

I've seen quite a range on his value. It all comes down to whether somebody in your leage has faith in Gordon's ability to stay clean or is too blinded by Gordon's amazing skillset on the field. If you can find an owner in either of those two camps, you should be able to get 1st-2nd round rookie picks value for him.

Personally, as a Gordon owner, I am awaiting to see what happens with his hearing. If he gets banned for the year, I will sit on him and ride it out without looking to trade him (it helps that I have a great WR corps). If Gordon gets a break in his case, I still do not anticipate trying to trade him, but I would look to get at least a 1st round pick if that were the case.

I would just keep tossing out offers for lesser developed talent. I would maybe try to pry sankey/matthews/cooks away from a team. Maybe you can get a you can get a piece to contribute this year to cement your team? I personally would not trade gerhart for gordon, but there are some who dont care for him.

I know there are a lot of people on here who say he wouldnt even be there rb2, yet he goes in the early fourth without deviation every single draft i do.

There has to be someone who is still rebuilding who will trade for gordon.

I'd give Gerhart for him in a heartbeat. sankey/matthews/cooks no way...

Gordon will be back someday and if he keeps his nose clean could play for 7-10 years at a high level. Gerhart has shelf life of 2-3 years max! That's certainly worth the risk, IMO. Especially, if you are rebuilding!