Sign in to follow this  
cooolbreeze

Breaking your own GM rules...

Don't get me wrong. I like CJ...I like him alot. I think he is a top 5 fantasy talent. I know he has a cake schedule for the rest of the year and I expect him to win at least one more week for a fantasy team by himself.

I'm like most on this site, I like to trade but, I have my ideas on the best way to manage a fantasy team. I've done pretty good...won a championship and I'm a regular in the playoffs.

One way I got there was sticking to my guns. One rule...Don't trade your studs for two lesser players. Always try to get the best player in the deal. Hey, it's worked for me over the past 8 years.

This year...it's different.

I don't like my team. Anyway I slice it I think I'm a pickup or two away from a playoff spot and a trade or two away from a Championship. My WR's are weak. I drafted Royal as my #2 and Mason and AGonzo as my #3 and Flex. This has not worked out. Right now I'm starting Royal as my #3 and Donald Brown as my Flex. I know, I know.

THIS IS NOT GOING TO GET ME WHERE I WANT TO BE!!

So, I'm thinking about breaking my own rule and trading one of my studs (Chris Johnson) for 2 #2s.

Could CJ go on a tear? Sure. Do I expect it? Kinda.

But, pondering my team leads me to believe that something has to happen. If I'm able to to add two talents (with good potential) for one, maybe I should pull the trigger.

Well, it's come down to decision time. The offer has been proposed and I need to make a decision.

So, what do you think, should I trade CJ for PT and Breaston? Would you??

You are smart enough to realize (many aren't) that you don't have the depth at WR to get it done. When that is the case, you gotta throw your rules out the window. One of my best trades a few years ago was to do a one for two deal. It got me to the play-offs in a similar situation to yours.

The bottom line is: do what you have to do to compete and get in the play-offs somehow. When you get into the play-offs, luck becomes more of a factor than team strength, so everyone that makes it has a chance.

I'm on board and can agree with what your saying. I'm not sure Breaston and PT are enough to me though. Breaston has been good, but he is still the 3rd WR option on a team and PT is now part of a 3 headed RB situation that we are unsure of how it will work.

Have up put CJ on the block to receive offers and this is what you got, or is this something that has come out of the blue?

Titans are in shambles right now and it's anyone's guess whether they can turn it around enough to make a respectable showing. VY is going to be the starter soon too. What affect will that have? :unsure:

PT's in a timeshare AND losing goal line touches BUT the schedule has several matchups that no matter how many touches he gets. That offense is explosive and PT will continue putting up respectable/great numbers.

Breaston's schedule looks good too especially with Boldin tweaked.

Bottom line: I'd pull the trigger on that trade. :shocking: