Sign in to follow this  
seanbella

Can't Input Keepers - Please Help

Hey Guys,

Must be missing something in the 2012 draft buddy. I can't input keepers. I must be missing something simple. I compile the cheatsheets then go to the keeper's tab and try to dlect dropdown to choose players, but nothing comes up at all.

Any ideas?

SEAN

Hi Sean. It sounds like you just forgot to select the position first, in the small cell to the left of the one where the player drop-down is. After you select position, then the player drop-down should work. That do it?

Also, after you input the keepers make sure to go to the action tab and change the reset keepers and reset draft order options to no, so you don't lose your keepers the next time you Compile Cheatsheets.

Hi Sean. It sounds like you just forgot to select the position first, in the small cell to the left of the one where the player drop-down is. After you select position, then the player drop-down should work. That do it?

Also, after you input the keepers make sure to go to the action tab and change the reset keepers and reset draft order options to no, so you don't lose your keepers the next time you Compile Cheatsheets.

That did the trick, but now the players aren't coming off the summary or position tabs. I read other posts on this, and I do have the choice of cost a draft pick on the rules tab, but maybe my ordering of compile is wron or somthing.

Thanks,

SEAN

So, they do cost a draft pick in your league? Did you input the pick? There should be a third box on the keepers tab to select the pick given up by the team to keep that player. After you select, Buddy will copy the player to that pick on the draft report tab.

I am having similar issues, although my league is an auction league. I selected the keeper players and then input the dollar value that we would be keeping the players for in the 3rd box, yet when I hit compile, the spreadsheet doesn't remove the keeper players and adjust accordingly. Any help is much appreciated!

Edit: I've also tried entering the money that it would cost for the keepers in the dead cap and that doesn't seem to help either.

Hey mark. sean never responded back, so I hope he got his thing figured out.

For you, here is my guess - you change the "reset draft order" option to no before you should have. Just a subtle thing where things happened in a slightly different order that is messing things up. FYI, you don't need to hit Compile for the keepers to get marked off the cheatsheets and show on the rosters. They should do that immediately. Okay, let's try this:

1. Go to the action tab, change the reset draft order option to yes. Also reset keepers should be no (so we don't lose what you put in)

2. Hit Compile Cheatsheets, it will reset your auction report tab

3. Now are the kept players and cap values updated on the cheatsheets and summary tabs?

4. Go to the action tab, change the reset draft order option to no (or don't, as in your case it doesn't really matter until you start putting in draft picks)

Did that work?

Yep, this worked great. Thanks for the help!

Hey mark. sean never responded back, so I hope he got his thing figured out.

For you, here is my guess - you change the "reset draft order" option to no before you should have. Just a subtle thing where things happened in a slightly different order that is messing things up. FYI, you don't need to hit Compile for the keepers to get marked off the cheatsheets and show on the rosters. They should do that immediately. Okay, let's try this:

1. Go to the action tab, change the reset draft order option to yes. Also reset keepers should be no (so we don't lose what you put in)

2. Hit Compile Cheatsheets, it will reset your auction report tab

3. Now are the kept players and cap values updated on the cheatsheets and summary tabs?

4. Go to the action tab, change the reset draft order option to no (or don't, as in your case it doesn't really matter until you start putting in draft picks)

Did that work?

It's perfect. Thanks!!

Good stuff sean.