Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Ruger

Keeper decision!

Who should I keep?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. We keep 1 player any position for 1 year:

• Edgerrin James
    • Steven Jackson

OK here it is. We are allowed 1 keeper for 1 year only. Any player, any position. The whole year I planned on keeping E. James. His move to Arizona concerns me greatly. Everyone is still very up on him however it has me wondering if I should keep Steven Jackson instead. I also have Trent Green, but really don't see him as a keeper, however we start two QBs. Please help!

Steven Jackson has a lot more upside than James. It is a tough call. I've seen Jackson go as high as #4 in some drafts.

SJax should have a better season than Edge. I have SJax at 6 and Edge at 9 on my board in a PPR format. I believe that SJax has much greater upside and is a lower risk as well.

I firmly believe that Edge is going to have a career year this year...He is finally the ground game that the Cardinals need this year to be very competitive and to complement their passing game. Dont' get me wrong SJax will have a good year but i think the planets have aligned for Edge in the conference he's in..

That is incredibly tough. I have always been a James fan, but that team is terrible at running the ball. The greatest back in the world cant run if no one is blocking for him. Jackson could be a monster. Its is almost to tough to call, but I would lean to Jackson.

It's possible for James to ressurect the cardinals running game, but I think that James will learn that life isn't as easy aoutside of Indy as he would think. The Cardinals history with an awful running game pushes Edge behind Jackson in my book. I still think he'll do well, but not near as well as he did in Indy.

Jackson won't lose any carries to Faulk this year, and their new coach showed us in Miami that he loves to give his backs a crapload of carries.

I think that Jackson will have a better year.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=222322

Its close, but I like Steven Jackson as a keeper. This kid is gonna be somethin special. New offense is looking to run more this year. Plus if STL gets up, they'll run for clock, arizona still has no D and a suspect O line, so i'm envisioning pass pass pass in the end of the game to catch up.

thanks for your help on mine!

I like Jackson better this year. He has fewer questions surrounding him. I like Linehan's influence and Jackson should see the ball more because of him. I don't think Arizona's woes with running the ball all had to do with the lack of a RB. If Warner goes down teams will stack the box against Edge and make Leinart beat them.

i disagree i think edge is almost in the same as situation as he was in indy but not quite the same he will get a lot of touches even though they pass heavy and more touchdowns then he did i would take edge plz see mine

Tough one. I would keep Jax for many of the reasons already cited but also because he has more upside in subsequent years simply because he's younger. James could take a real beating this year.

Thanks for answering mine.

Either way I think you're okay. Jackson is in a better situation to use all of his skills. I think he will have the better year this year.

Edge is in a pass first offense....he'll get his yards, but if the defense can't step up...he won't get all those "eat up the clock and gain alot of yard" like he did in Indy, because the Cards will be playing catch up?!

I say go with Jackson.