Sign in to follow this  
Sean McDermott

What To Do Now? Will respond, leave link

Now that I've traded for Jamaal Charles, Cordarelle Patterson, Bishop Sankey, I want to try and get Knile Davis from the owner who has him now. Problem is his price is steep. Risk not having him to backup Charles or go with the trade of C Patt/West or Sankey for Davis/Steve Smith. Won't budge from this trade.

I know I would be giving up too much but I hate not having Davis. I already C Patt would be my flex. Have Cobb/Green locked in as starters. Steve Smith might not be too bad rest of season with Pitta going down and who knows what Bridgwater will do now as the starter in Minnesota.

Please help on what to do

I think Patterson is too much for this trade. Yea Bridgewater is unproven but Patt has sooooo much upside. If you do decide to do it, throw Sankey in and not West. They are saying Tate might not get the job back when he's healthy so west should have value for a while.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=437535

For me it depends. If you are in a PPR that counts return yards, as I am, I do not trade Patterson. If you are in a standard league I would consider it. If you look at Steve Smiths numbers, it is comparable.

I would actually do the trade, but keep Sankey instead of West. The writing is on the wall and Sankey will be the main guy much sooner than later. Wiz can be stubborn for only so long before he inserts Sankey into the lineup. S. Smith is showing he has some juice left in the tank and Flacco is throwing it his direction a ton.

I'm in a non ppr standard league. It's a tough choice because I'm afraid of Charles getting hurt again and not having Davis. I'm pretty weak at RB if Charles goes down. Also have J Bell, Gerhart, West, Sankey. Doesn't scream strong, but with Davis I'm guaranteed top 10 rb no matter who's starting.

Can Smith keep this play up and will Patterson struggle like he has been?

I think the price is prolly too steep.

Though I think Steve Smith will continue to have a nice season.

It's your call. I'm not sold on Cobb, so that's would be another reason not to make the trade.

Thanks for answering mine.

So for now at least I am taking the risk of not having Davis on my team and keeping CPatt and TWest. Smart move? If Charles gets hurt, the price for Davis will be a lot more outrageous and I know I won't be able to get him.

Also, would you drop Sankey for Ryan Mathews?

I wouldn't give up a starter like Patterson for a backup like Davis. It would drive me crazy not having him too, but I think its too much to give up. If Charles is healthy the rest of the year, you'll feel dumb for trading a starter for a guy sitting on your bench.

If you have to trade, I'd give up West instead of Sankey. I think Sankey has a big 2nd half - Green has done nothing, and their passing game blows. They have a good O-line, and they should lean on the run. West will at best split carries with Tate and Crowell (sp?).

That said, I'd rather have Mathews than Sankey. Mathews will be back in a few weeks and with Woodhead gone, he will see allot more snaps.

Here's mine.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=437607