Sign in to follow this  
enjoi525

ronnie brown and addai for portis

ok i drafted brown in the 2nd round and addai in the 6th but i suppose that doesnt really matter in this situation. I already have LT. I want cp because if healthy he will hit 1500 and with saunders could go to 1900. I offered brown and addai to the guy who has clinton. I beginning to have second thoughts because of all the hype surrounding brown right now. just want to know what you guys think about this trade and what I should do because I am kind of torn.

i went back heavy in the draft as of now i have LT, ronnie, J lewis, addai, a green, and deangelo williams. I feel i have the depth but i also have randy moss and roy will at receiver i am not deep at receiver but im not too worried about that. I am really hoping j lew and green bounce back but i cant always rely on hope.

I personally am not a huge fan of Ronnie Brown this year. Yes, he has a better offense around him and is no longer splitting with Ricky, but he just wasn't that impressive to me even when he did get many carries. He had a very average YPC, and I don't think he can achieve the numbers everyone thinks. I would do the trade because I think either JLew or AGreen will bounce back and give you enough depth. Having LT and Portis in your starting lineup will be VERY hard to beat. Thanks for answering mine.

i went back heavy in the draft as of now i have LT, ronnie, J lewis, addai, a green, and deangelo williams. I feel i have the depth but i also have randy moss and roy will at receiver i am not deep at receiver but im not too worried about that. I am really hoping j lew and green bounce back but i cant always rely on hope.

Personally, I have very little faith in Green but as far as depth goes this trade shouldn't backfire. There's been a lot of positive talk concerning Brown but I think I'd still do the trade since Portis is a known (whatever that means) quantity. Although Brown is in a good situation and looks like the real thing, the same was said last year of McGahee, K Jones, and J Jones as well. Nine of the top ten backs stats wise last year, except LJ, went into the season with a minimum of three years of NFL experience. I think passing on Browns "potential" for Portis will help by adding more consistent scoring to your starting backs.

if he doesnt like this trade... who do you think i should offer up to get portis

i am not willing to part with LT

the rest of of my team:

bledsoe

warner

LT

Brown

Lewis

Addai

Green

Deangelo Williams

Randy Moss

Roy Williams

Mushin Muhammed

Terry Glenn

Cooley

if he doesnt like this trade... who do you think i should offer up to get portis

i am not willing to part with LT

the rest of of my team:

bledsoe

warner

LT

Brown

Lewis

Addai

Green

Deangelo Williams

Randy Moss

Roy Williams

Mushin Muhammed

Terry Glenn

Cooley

Since it's a redraft league, it wouldn't matter as much if you're prepared to offer DeAngelo instead of Addai. I'd offer Ahman Green (that's just my bias). I would let the deal go before I'd include Lewis. Don't know about the remaining players as I don't know the other persons roster or who he might want and what he can return. In all sincerity, if you have to go beyond Addai (or Green/ Williams) and Brown for Portis, this trade starts to become less benefiial for you. The way I see it, he's getting two backs who can become a #1 and #3 for one #1. Brown is the unquestioned starter for a Dolphins team that showed last year they can run effectively enough and Addai is number two in line for being the starting back on one of the leagues most prolific offenses.

If he's hurting at WR and you can move Muhammed for a Kennison / Moulds / Keyshawn kind of guy plus Brown to get Portis that wouldn't be a bad idea. Of course, now I'm speaking in terms of my preferences so you may not even want to consider this last part.

this is his roster

cpep

delhomme

TO

J walker

evans

portis

westbrook

mcmichael

bush

mcallister

heath miller

s. holmes

toomer

this is his roster

cpep

delhomme

TO

J walker

evans

portis

westbrook

mcmichael

bush

mcallister

heath miller

s. holmes

toomer

Wow. He's on the verge of being in RB hell. Basically has three backs and thats only if some sort of predictable pattern emerges in N.O. or McCallister goes down. Unfortunately, Westbrook is likely enough to miss a few games himself so he could end up with just Portis... Well, I see he'll be looking for a back who, while not neccessarily big numbers, will at least be reliable enough to know he's in the line up on any given week...

He's good at WR and should be somewhat desperate at RB. He's going to want Lewis, at least I would. I don't think you can give him up though. Greens injury was fairly serious and he's only participating on a limited basis in camp and the preseason so you shouldn't have to rely on him. Either Addai or Williams could find themselves starting at some point this year but the likelihood isn't good enough to be able to count on either. The only thing I see that he has and you should want is an up grade at WR.

Ask him what he wants if the original deal isn't good enough and if it's Lewis then you should ask for Lee Evans for Mushin Muhammed. I'm suggesting this with a caveat though. You would have to want Portis a lot to risk your RB position but with Randy Moss being hurt two consecutive seasons and Terry Glenn playing all 16 games for the first time in six years last season you are kind of ripe for trouble at WR and Evans can help. If you can go either way on Portis then it may be best to stick with Addai and Brown or nothing and move on to some other deal that helps you without hurting you.

I know I am a bit weak at wr but i think moss can bounce back. My basic idea is riding my rbs to the championship because they are the foundation of my team. They are the most consistent from week to week. I think getting a guy like portis will do that, but I dont want to dump half of my team just to get him. I definetly dont want trade brown and lewis for portis. I think I would go brown and green for him. I think his biggest concern is me having LT and Portis on the same team and he knows I would be extremely hard to beat.

Do it. You have plenty of RB's and you'll have a free roster space to add a free agent. R.Brown has a lot of hype around him but, You know for sure what Portis can do. Thats 2 question marks against one for sure rb. I'd make the trade.