Sign in to follow this  
ericg

Good deal? Bad deal? Help...

I play in a 10 team league. We can keep up to three players per year but the same player can only be kept on your roster for two years in a row. We start 1qb 2rb 3wr 1te 1k 1d.

This is my roster:

Matt Hasselbeck QB SEA @ DET 5

Philip Rivers QB SDG @ OAK 3

Michael Turner RB SDG @ OAK 3

Carnell Williams RB TAM vs BAL 4

Ahman Green RB GNB vs CHI 6

Larry Johnson RB KAN vs CIN 3

Anquan Boldin WR ARI vs SFO 9

Torry Holt WR STL vs DEN 7

Antonio Bryant WR SFO @ ARI 7

Rod Smith WR DEN @ STL 4

Marvin Harrison WR IND @ NYG 6

Tony Gonzalez TE KAN vs CIN 3

Adam Vinatieri K IND @ NYG 6

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

The trade that has been proposed to me is this:

DeShaun Foster for Anquan Boldin

I know my two starting RBs could put up some big humbers, but my main backup Ahman Green is a big question mark. Making this trade could silidify my RBs, but it also take most of my depth away at WR since Boldin was/is going to be a starter. Would you guys feel comfortable starting either Antonio Bryant or Rod Smith on a consistent basis along with Harrison and Holt?

Yeah I see what you are saying. Though we have to start 3WRs and only 2RBs. What are your thoughts now?

I wouldn't trade Boldin for Foster.

Odds are that Foster will get hurt before Cadillac or Johnson. In that case, you've still got no backup for Caddy or Johnson gets hurt.

If you could find a way to get Foster and D'Angelo Williams for Boldin, then I'd do it. Foster is too risky to me though.

Does the Foster owner have D'Angelo by any chance?

I wouldn't trade Boldin for Foster.

Odds are that Foster will get hurt before Cadillac or Johnson. In that case, you've still got no backup for Caddy or Johnson gets hurt.

If you could find a way to get Foster and D'Angelo Williams for Boldin, then I'd do it. Foster is too risky to me though.

Does the Foster owner have D'Angelo by any chance?

Scratch my above comment. If you have to start 3 WRs, then I wouldn't trade Boldin even if you can get both Foster and D'Angelo. He's just too valuable a starter for you.

Yeah this is my gut feeling, so im not going to pull the trigger. Though I still feel a bit uneasy about my backup RB situation.

I like Foster's potential but wouldn't trade him straight up for Boldin.

I'm keeping Foster in one league but am targeting Williams for the handcuff early.

Let me get this straight ina ten team league you drafted:

LJ

Caddy

Boldin

Harrison

Holt

Gonzo

I figure Lj, Boldin, Caddy were your keepers.

How the hell do you score the rest of this team.

And you need help with team management. <_<

I actually kept LJ (11th round last year, HUGE steal), Hasselbeck (6th round), and C. Williams (8th round).

All the top RBs were kept so I opted to go WR with my early picks. I had a chance to take manning but i think hasselbeck will be a good qb so i went with Holt in the first. All the other owners were scrambling to get their 2nd RB so that left me the other two WRs.

I am definately the front runner in the league right now.

Thanks for the help on mine, and great team. As for the Boldin/Foster trade, no way. Boldin is a week in and week out starter for you that's gonna put up as good of numbers as anyone at his postion, while Foster...well, wont. He's not even likely to play the entire season and when he does he's gonna be splitting carries with Williams anyway. Definitely hold on to your 3 WR's and just hope the injury bug doesnt bite you. Caddy and LJ are both young backs and have only had about a half season of full-time work each, so they should still be fresh. Just keep an eye on the waiver wire and see if you cant pick up a breakout RB like Gado was last year. Good luck.

Awesome. I just wanted to make sure i was thinking clearly. Thanks a ton guys. I already told him its a no go and that i wont give up a starter for a reserve.

I kind of like Foster....but If you can only start 2 backs and have to start 3 receivers, i'd definitely keep boldin....he's good for 90 catches....deshaun isn't as much as a lock for big numbers