Sign in to follow this  
berg

I was just offered Droughns for Branch...

In my league we can start as many as four RB's, and I already have Jordan, McGahee, Dunn, K. Jones, and Chester Taylor (I obviously used my first four picks on RB's). We also only need to start two WR's, and I have Plax, Coles, Matt Jones, B. Edwards, and Branch. I'm clearly weaker at WR, but I find it hard to pass up getting a starting RB for Branch. Even if I never use Droughns I figure I can still use him as trade bait to upgrade in another area. I'd appreciate any advice I can get, and I'll help in return. Thanks.

Four RBs? Take Droughns immediately for any WR. In a league that starts that many RBs, you need every starter you can get. Even if Droughns only plays 3-4 games based on matchups for your roster, you have a significant upgrade over what you can get out of Branch. You are also right that you may be able to use your RBs for trade bait, specifically you can play Droughns and perhaps trade one of your better RBs for a WR1 much better than Branch without losing too much value at RB. Great options.

This trade was offered to you only because Ruben had an awful game and Branch has so much upside. I'll wager that Droughns was drafted in the top 2 rounds in your draft while branch was a 15th round pickup. I think you go for it and shop Droughns after a few productive weeks...

Check out Mine!

Definitely pick up Droughns. You look fine at WR and I'd venture that after a couple good weeks you could shop Droughns around for a better WR than Branch if need be. If his production improves (how can it not after only 11 carries for 27 yards) you've got the consistency of a featured back.

Please see mine: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=232081

You've got to take Droughns over Branch in this situation if you can start four running backs. Jones will be in fine for you in Jax and if one of your other RBs go down you won't miss a beat plugging in Droughns. I say do it.

Please check mine.

I vote for holding onto branch. He may be putting up super numbers in a couple weeks and you don't have that much depth at WR. the rest of your RBs are strong enough. If you really want to get a RB1 in return for Branch, wait until he pulls a Donte Stallworth and trade when the value is even higher. Just MO.

See Mine