Sign in to follow this  
dutchbuffalo

Been offered a trade

I would be getting Westbrook in this deal, is he worth giving up FWP and Heap ? I like Des. Clark alot and they both have the same bye week so one has to go. Now is Westbrook's knee worth the risk over FWP, if healthy I say yes and is a big improvement over FWP,but what do you think ? This is a ppr league too, my team is in my sig and here is his team. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Bulger

Westbrook

T.Bell and M.Bell

Barlow and Blaylock

Fitz

Ward

Stallworth

Troupe

Rackers

Colts D

Favre

Bradford

Curtis

Henderson

Don't do it. While Westbrook is a monster and a must start in my league, he's known to be injury prone. You are giving up too much, and the reason the Westbrook owner is trying to deal him is because he's got a swolen knee and hasn't been practicing.

He's gonna play, could all be BS ... in a PPR league the only better RB is LT2, so you gotta play him, if he is listed as even Questionable. Must start, unless he's OUT.

Thanks for answering mine.

I say yes. Westbrook is injury prone, but still a great improvement over FWP in your PPR league. And Todd Heap is replaceable with Desmond Clark.

I don't know if I would do this either. It is kind of a tough call right . We haven't really seen if Parker is going to get the goalline carries and I don't know if Clark can keep it up. I would hold off for right now. I agree that Westbrook is injury prone. He is listed as questionable for this week.

Thanks for answering mine.

I don't think I would do it due to Westbrook being injury prone. It's tempting in ppr, but I'd stand pat.

Heh, I'm in your boat and considering getting Westbrook for Parker.

It's hard, Westbrook is the much better fantasy player, but health is the problem. It's only 2 weeks in and he's already hurting...

Tough decision. In PPR leagues, Westbrook is incredibly valuable for obvious reasons. As other posters have mentioned, he has chronic knee problems that will affect him throughout the season but may or may not cause him to actually miss game time. Either way he will be playing with pain every single week.

I am high on FWP because of Cower's committment to the run and the success Pit has had running the ball in the past. As their feature back, FWP should rack up big yards every week the only drawback being, as someone else mentioned, is goal-line carries. However, it should not be over-looked that Pit loves to run the screen play as well which makes Parker even more valuable in PPR leagues. Obviously he isn't going to get the amount of catches that Westbrook will in Philly but it's not like Pit never throws him the ball either.

I'd probabaly keep Parker and Heap. There is a lot of upside to Parker and no way of telling if Westbrook will be able to stay healthy all year or if Des Clark will continue to shine in the Windy City.

Thanks for the input in my thread!

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=236100

I also think you're better off staying with FWP and Heap. I shy away from Westbrook and Portis because of injuries (though look I have Foster, but being available in the 5th round I thought why not try, while those two are usually gone within the first round or two of the draft).

Thanks for mine.