Sign in to follow this  
gold_finger

How badly does this trade mess up my team?

I'm 1st place in this league with one loss for the season and should make the playoffs barring some major collapse. But with Shaun Alexander's injury, I traded him for Clinton Portis only to find that Clinton Portis is now injured and may be out for the season (the exact same situation I wanted to avoid with Alexander). So should I attempt to deal off Portis for real cheap before the trade deadline or keep him hoping that he comes back in time for the final few weeks for the fantasy playoffs?

10 team league, start 1QB, 2RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1K, 1DEF

QB:

Marc Bulger

RB:

Ladanian Tomlinson

Thomas Jones

Willis Mcgahee

Deshaun Foster

Deangelo Williams

Laurence Maroney

WR:

Donald Driver

Torry Holt

Andre Johnson

Lee Evans

Marques Colston

TE:

Marques Colston

K:

Jason Elam

Def:

Jacksonville

I'm 1st place in this league with one loss for the season and should make the playoffs barring some major collapse. But with Shaun Alexander's injury, I traded him for Clinton Portis only to find that Clinton Portis is now injured and may be out for the season (the exact same situation I wanted to avoid with Alexander). So should I attempt to deal off Portis for real cheap before the trade deadline or keep him hoping that he comes back in time for the final few weeks for the fantasy playoffs?

QB:

Marc Bulger

RB:

Ladanian Tomlinson

Thomas Jones

Willis Mcgahee

Deshaun Foster

Deangelo Williams

Laurence Maroney

WR:

Donald Driver

Torry Holt

Andre Johnson

Lee Evans

Marques Colston

TE:

Marques Colston

K:

Jason Elam

Def:

Jacksonville

I would get anything for him bro...you are pretty deep at RB already, especially with LT.

Thanks for the reply. I say keep him unless you could maybe deal him for a better DST. Nonetheless, you're good without doing anything.

Is this a keeper league; I didn't see an indication?

I don't really see the Skins making the playoffs and I really believe Portis will go with his shoulder surgery now rather than wait for the off season so he can rehab. If not a keeper league, then see what you can get. If a keeper league then I agree with the others and hold on to him and see what happens between now and next year.

Also, I don't know that McGahee will be back soon with a broken rib. The Bills have a slim chance to make the playoffs and the team may just let him fully recover and see what comes about. Again, the keeper value becomes the question/driving force behind what you do.

QB:

Marc Bulger

RB:

Ladanian Tomlinson

Thomas Jones

Willis Mcgahee

Deshaun Foster

Deangelo Williams

Laurence Maroney

WR:

Donald Driver

Torry Holt

Andre Johnson

Lee Evans

Marques Colston

TE:

Marques Colston

K:

Jason Elam

Def:

Jacksonville

First off, how in the hell did you end up with that team in a 10 team league, in my league their is no way you could of gotten LT and SA AND torry holt without 2 first round picks and then you also have a few really good 2nd round picks!

anyways, I keep him and ride it out

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=253414

First off, how in the hell did you end up with that team in a 10 team league, in my league their is no way you could of gotten LT and SA AND torry holt without 2 first round picks and then you also have a few really good 2nd round picks!

anyways, I keep him and ride it out

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=253414

It's called "trading". I bought Alexander low when he was injured but then he took a lot longer rehabing than I expected so I got scared he might play with that lingering injury for the rest of the season and be ineffective in the playoffs so I traded him away, only to find out that Portis is now expected to be on Injured Reserve for the rest of the season. I'm still looking for a better 2 RB but I don't think anyone is gonna bite on Portis (obviously) so I guess I might just stick it out with what I have.

And this isn't a keeper league.

Portis will be on Injured Reserve tomorrow. But there is no need to keep him so cut him for anybody!!! But don't worry your team will win it all!!!!!!!