Sign in to follow this  
Quickolas1

deangelo williams package for # 2 rookie pick

my team is in my sig at the bottom. start 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 k, 1 d. 1 pt per 10 yards, 6 pts all TDs. no PPR.

my primary needs going into the draft are backup QB and WR (jennings has same bye as one of the starters)

i have the 9th draft slot in our rookie draft - 12 teamer - but not a snake draft. 1-12 every round.

the team with the 2nd draft slot (who needs some serious help at all his positions) has offered:

# 2 pick

for

# 9 pick + deangelo williams + deshaun foster

being a bills fan, my homerism is clouding my judgement here. i'd hope to get marshawn lynch but it could be AP instead (i'd live eitherway).

it comes down to do i think deangelo williams is going to be the RB everyone thinks. gut says no at this point...still isnt' clear # 1 and even if he becomes so, he's not good at the goal line and nick goings might get those carries.

if we didnt do the deal, the # 9 pick would most likely be brady quinn (backup QB not a big deal) or a rookie WR (bye week, develop) like dwayne bowe (chiefs) or anthony gonzalez (colts).

would you deal deangelo & young WR for marshawn lynch? i think either rb (marshawn or AP) right now have better long term implications, but tough to tell and i'd be waiting until late 2nd rd for my backup QB/WR which would be a big drop-off in talent.

i think if i could also swap my # 19 for his # 14 i'd def do it....so my first pick isnt so late...but i dont know if he'd do that

help! leave link too

No I wouldnt, I would rather have the #9 pick and Carolina's RB's this year. Lynch is going to be in a full blown RBBC, one of the carolina's guys has a shot at actually taking down 70% of the carries. Plus with the #9 pick you dont have to go Brady Quinn, I would rather have a WR like dwayne bowe or Anthony Gonzalez, and both of them should be there at the #9 pick.

Based off what I see:

AP and Chester will be splitting time in Minny and teams will load up against the run due to lack of a passing game which spells fantasy doom for both guys.

I think Williams will beat out Foster but the coaching staff in Carolina makes ff people scratch their heads because Foster is the starter.

If Lynch is performing well in preseason, I can see him being "the guy" in Buffalo over Thomas.

I'd do the trade and get Lynch if he's looking good in camp: otherwise, I wouldn't do the trade and keep Williams.

Based off what I see:

AP and Chester will be splitting time in Minny and teams will load up against the run due to lack of a passing game which spells fantasy doom for both guys.

I think Williams will beat out Foster but the coaching staff in Carolina makes ff people scratch their heads because Foster is the starter.

If Lynch is performing well in preseason, I can see him being "the guy" in Buffalo over Thomas.

I'd do the trade and get Lynch if he's looking good in camp: otherwise, I wouldn't do the trade and keep Williams.

This is what I would do pretty much

I would make the trade and draft Lynch, the guy picking #1 will probably make a dumb move and draft AP!!!!

I agree with the Lynch watch. I too am a potential Lynch drafter, and I will be trying to get a feel from the preseason games before my draft as to if he will be the starter or not. I recommend you do the same.