Sign in to follow this  
Deeg67

Cutler v Rivers - and trade help

So - my keeper league goes on a straight scoring basis, 6 pts for all TDs, no yardage bonuses or INT penalties, 2RB/2WR or 1RB/3WR. So I have a two-part question: First, who do you like long-term - Cutler or Rivers? I have both, Bulger as my '07 starter, and need to move one of the two kids for help at RB/WR. Here's my roster:

Bulger

Rivers

Cutler

L. Johnson

Owens

Reg. Brown

Heap

SD D/ST

Keading

Here's my second question - I have a couple trade options on the table, which looks good?

1. Cutler and Brown for M. Barber (remember, no yardage), J. Walker and the 6th pick in our rookie draft

2. Rivers for M. Barber and the 6th overall pick

I know there's a lot there, Guys - thanks for the help. Gimmee a link and I'll happily answer yours.

Dan

I think its a toss up. Its going to be too hard to tell about how each of these guys will develop over the next couple years, and i consider the same long term.

I think its a toss up. Its going to be too hard to tell about how each of these guys will develop over the next couple years, and i consider the same long term.

For sure - that's why it's such a tough decision! But with the holes I have at WR and RB, I'm not sure I can afford to hoard them both.

So - my keeper league goes on a straight scoring basis, 6 pts for all TDs, no yardage bonuses or INT penalties, 2RB/2WR or 1RB/3WR. So I have a two-part question: First, who do you like long-term - Cutler or Rivers? I have both, Bulger as my '07 starter, and need to move one of the two kids for help at RB/WR. Here's my roster:

Bulger

Rivers

Cutler

L. Johnson

Owens

Reg. Brown

Heap

SD D/ST

Keading

Here's my second question - I have a couple trade options on the table, which looks good?

1. Cutler and Brown for M. Barber (remember, no yardage), J. Walker and the 6th pick in our rookie draft

2. Rivers for M. Barber and the 6th overall pick

I know there's a lot there, Guys - thanks for the help. Gimmee a link and I'll happily answer yours.

Dan

I would have to jump on Trade option 1. You are upgrading at WR, adding a TD machine and picking up a draft pick. I think Rivers is a more proven QB with a great running game and lots of targets(LT, Gates, V Jackson)

See mine:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=282044

At this point you have to say Rivers, although we don't know what you will think about that in a couple of years. I also go for Trade #1

Thanks for mine

I like Cutler over Rivers, because I see more potential for big numbers from a QB in Denver than in SD, but I see them both as pretty close right now. However, the first trade proposal looks really good with upgrades for you at WR and RB.