Sign in to follow this  
The Dol-Fans

Flex Help....Leave alink

I had Jamal Lewis starting but every site says to sit him against the Steelers D.

Here are my options:

Lewis againt Pittsburgh

Donte Stallworth against the Jets

Jerry Porter against Detroit

HELP!!!

I had Jamal Lewis starting but every site says to sit him against the Steelers D.

Here are my options:

Lewis againt Pittsburgh

Donte Stallworth against the Jets

Jerry Porter against Detroit

HELP!!!

Give me something....

I would go with stallworth against the jets.

For the last couple years Lewis hasnt done anything against the steelers, and that was behind a better O-line that what he has now, and with the better field position that the Ravens defense affords.

The only raider i consider starter worthy this week would be Jordan. I dont expect Lane Kiffin to open up the Raiders offense with what he has to work with at offensive line or QB.

I would go with stallworth against the jets.

For the last couple years Lewis hasnt done anything against the steelers, and that was behind a better O-line that what he has now, and with the better field position that the Ravens defense affords.

The only raider i consider starter worthy this week would be Jordan. I dont expect Lane Kiffin to open up the Raiders offense with what he has to work with at offensive line or QB.

Awesome...thanks

anything different?

I would stick with J.Lewis. Pittsburg is a tough matchup, but NE spreads the balls around a ton and starting a RB at the flex is such a big advantage that I woulld stick with Lewis.

It's tough having those as your only options...it would help me out a bit to know how your league scores its points. Even though your being told not to play Lewis, I think he has the best chance to score a TD this week over your other options. He may be a big risk this week but he has the best upside in my opinion. However, Stallworth is probably a much safer bet even though the Jets D may hold the Pats to very little scoring opportunities.

I would stick with J.Lewis. Pittsburg is a tough matchup, but NE spreads the balls around a ton and starting a RB at the flex is such a big advantage that I woulld stick with Lewis.

NE spread the ball around cause they had terrible recievers...

But i also dug into the stats prior, and it seems like i was a little mistaken

2006 Lewis against steelers 77 yards and a TD 3.2 YPC, 66 yards and a TD 3.9 ypc- (one of those was in a short field situation cause of a pick)

2005- 28 yards, 2.2 YPC no TD's and 61 yards, 3.7 ypc, no TD's

His average YPC over the 2 year period was 3.3. There is no reason to believe that it is going to go up playing behind the Cleveland defensive line with Frye as a QB. So if you expect cleveland to be in a situation where they can run the ball 20 times a game, that would be 66 yards. Then you have to consider how many TD's cleveland will score, on the high end i put them at 3. If they score 3 its going to be a shootout by clevelands standards, i would bet it would a low chance of Lewis getting one, i would put them at maybe Joe Jurivicous, Kellen winslow, and Braylon edwards, because steelers like to surrender the TD's through the air.

I stick with my original assesment, that i would start Stallworth.

NE spread the ball around cause they had terrible recievers...

But i also dug into the stats prior, and it seems like i was a little mistaken

2006 Lewis against steelers 77 yards and a TD 3.2 YPC, 66 yards and a TD 3.9 ypc- (one of those was in a short field situation cause of a pick)

2005- 28 yards, 2.2 YPC no TD's and 61 yards, 3.7 ypc, no TD's

His average YPC over the 2 year period was 3.3. There is no reason to believe that it is going to go up playing behind the Cleveland defensive line with Frye as a QB. So if you expect cleveland to be in a situation where they can run the ball 20 times a game, that would be 66 yards. Then you have to consider how many TD's cleveland will score, on the high end i put them at 3. If they score 3 its going to be a shootout by clevelands standards, i would bet it would a low chance of Lewis getting one, i would put them at maybe Joe Jurivicous, Kellen winslow, and Braylon edwards, because steelers like to surrender the TD's through the air.

I stick with my original assesment, that i would start Stallworth.

I have to go with Stallworth as well. When he's healthy he looks great (i'm an eagles fan)...I just see Lewis being a risky start until you see a little more play this season or at least until he has a good matchup. Goodluck to ya!

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=285309

I'd start Lewis. Guranteed touches and goal lines. Donte is still a mystery in the NE offense. Week one choices are tough.. but i'd go RB in a fle spot coin flip.