Sign in to follow this  
mec411

Trade offers

Ill help you out, just leave link....

Trade one: Team A gets Westbrook and Gonzalez

Team B gets Pittman(he also has Graham), Gates, and Travis Henry

Trade two: Team A gets Steve Smith

Team B gets Henry and Gates

Don't worry about other players, I would just like an evaluation of the trade on face value....because people in my league are so reluctant to trade.

Thanks in advance...

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=293869

I consider Henry a throw in on both deals, he won't be there to matter in a week or 2

That said I think both trades seem fair depending on what each team needs. The first trade I prefer Westbrook/Gonzolez. I do love Gates but that team is in disaray and I don't have a good feel for which way the rb situation is going to work out in TB. Pittman could very well be splitting time. If Pittman was given #1 time I'd probably sway that way...

Trade #2 could be a coin toss if its a mandatory TE start depending on your other wr's. If its mandatory te and you've got average to above average wr's I'd go Gates.

I consider Henry a throw in on both deals, he won't be there to matter in a week or 2

That said I think both trades seem fair depending on what each team needs. The first trade I prefer Westbrook/Gonzolez. I do love Gates but that team is in disaray and I don't have a good feel for which way the rb situation is going to work out in TB. Pittman could very well be splitting time. If Pittman was given #1 time I'd probably sway that way...

Trade #2 could be a coin toss if its a mandatory TE start depending on your other wr's. If its mandatory te and you've got average to above average wr's I'd go Gates.

I would think that you are probably right--though I would say that Henry is only a throw in if he plays fewer than 2 weeks. If more than 2, I think its a player that makes a big difference toward a playoff push. That being said, I dont see the Westy trade going through. Our league starts 3 WRs and a TE. Gates is an absolute machine, and if there is ever a time to get SS this is probably it -- two very subpar weeks and Carr taking over. I think that trade could be a very even one the rest of the way -- I see Sith rounding into form and Gates putting up 90+ rec and 1000+ yrds and 8-10 TDs.

Though no one in my league ever trades, they are lame. Oh, and its a 14 team league, for your reference.

Interesting trade scenario. I'm in complete agreement that Henry, at this point, is a throw in.

Westbrook is an absolute stud when he's healthy. The question is, will he ever be a durable enough back to last a full season or not miss time. And, as a McNabb owner, I can tell you that line is in bad shape. It pained me to see McNabb on his arse so many times last week. If you believe Westbrook can be healthy and that line can get solid again, I do that trade in a heartbeat because Bowe is really opening some things up for Gonzo with his emergence.

Smith for Gates in a straight up trade (with Henry as a throw in) is a tougher one. You're going from stud TE to stud receiver. Who else do you have at WR? Is SS really that big of an upgrade? And a little more on that...you really outperform your opponent each week with Gates vs. their TE. SS is great, but did you see the meltdown on the sideline last week because they wouldn't/couldn't get him the ball? I don't know. I like trade #1 better.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=293870

Interesting trade scenario. I'm in complete agreement that Henry, at this point, is a throw in.

Westbrook is an absolute stud when he's healthy. The question is, will he ever be a durable enough back to last a full season or not miss time. And, as a McNabb owner, I can tell you that line is in bad shape. It pained me to see McNabb on his arse so many times last week. If you believe Westbrook can be healthy and that line can get solid again, I do that trade in a heartbeat because Bowe is really opening some things up for Gonzo with his emergence.

Smith for Gates in a straight up trade (with Henry as a throw in) is a tougher one. You're going from stud TE to stud receiver. Who else do you have at WR? Is SS really that big of an upgrade? And a little more on that...you really outperform your opponent each week with Gates vs. their TE. SS is great, but did you see the meltdown on the sideline last week because they wouldn't/couldn't get him the ball? I don't know. I like trade #1 better.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=293870

I like trade one better too for Westy. My WR are pretty bad (jennings, curry, m clayton, etc.) so SS would be a HUGE upgrade. I could then pick up Daniels off ww, but obviously Gates is a monster, no comparison there. I dont know I guess its up to whether the guy wants Gates.

For Trade 1 I like Team B, Trade 2 I like Team B

IMO Pittman will be huge.

Thanks for mine.

Trade 1 Team A wins by a longshot. Westbrook is an absolute monster when he's healthy.

Trade 2 I like team B

Good luck

trade 1 i like team A and trade 2 i like team B. but they are both kind of irrelevant if you consider that henry may miss alot of time and it looks like westrbook really has a serious abdominal injury, he may not play too much more this season

trade 1 i like team A and trade 2 i like team B. but they are both kind of irrelevant if you consider that henry may miss alot of time and it looks like westrbook really has a serious abdominal injury, he may not play too much more this season

I wonder if that is true? I have heard a couple things pointing in each direction, but I guess only he knows. I guess if Westy is screwed, then team B gets the better of the trade one scenario.

Travis Henry is a wildcard

He has value only to someone who buys into ESPN's assesment that his suspension could drag on for several weeks.

I'm guessing there is maybe a 10-15% possibility that he is still playing after his bye next week. (no links just my own, unscientific probability assessment).

I passed on Westbrook not out of dissing a talent, but of being concerned about his likelyhood of missing games towards the end of the season therefore I like the Pittman trade only from a 'who's currently healthy standpoint'

as for Smith, I'm not liking his current situation w. backup QB or his attitude I think will affect his play (how many drops last week?) just my thoughts.

Trade 2, Team A

I don't believe Westy stays healthy. SS has way more potential for YAC then Gates, no matter who's pitching the rock.

Looks like Travis is toast, so he's a non-factor.

Thanks for mine