Sign in to follow this  
txlssp

12th pick in 14 team league

I had the 12th pick in a 14 team league in a 16 round draft. We play 1QB, 2,RB, 3 WR/TE and 1 Team Def/ST.

All TD's=6 pt

Every 20 yds receiving/rushing=1pt

Every 50 yds passing=1pt

Ints/Fumbles= -1

Here are the players I picked with the round they were selected:

QB-Manning (1), T. Jackson (13)

RB-E. Graham (5), K. Smith (6), A. Bradshaw (8), Chris Johnson (9), L. Washington (14), T. Hightower (15)

WR-B. Edwards (2), M. Colston (3), S. Holmes (4), B. Berrian (7), V. Jackson (10), Desean Jackson (16)

K-S. Gostowski (11)

Def/ST-Jaguars (12)

My interpretations:

QB-Biggest question mark is injuries for both, with Peyton being the main concern being my #1 pick. Romo and Brady were already gone by the time it was my pick. However I think he'll be ok *crosses fingers*. I needed a back up and TJ was the only guy available, but he is also recovering from an injurt as well. I guess we'll have to see how it goes....

RB-Pretty much going on potential, which can bite me in the butt. Most are either rookies or one year/one game wonders. I know he is not a number 1, and more of a number 2, but I think getting Graham in the 5th was a nice pick. Smith is performing well and looks to the ther starter in Detroit, but they may pass more than run; however when they run, he'll be the guy! Bradshaw could be the lightning to Jacobs thunder. CJ is my sleeper pick. I think the titans will try and get him the ball, whether it's running or receiving, and utilize his explosiveness. Washington will help provide depth and is used in the return game. Hightower is another guy I've had my eye on. From what I have heard, he's really impressed the coaching staff, and may be used on goal line carries. I certainly don't have any studs at the RB position, but I think I did an ok job in getting what I could.

WR-I think this is the definite strength of my team. I really like Edwards as he will be the main man in Cleveland. Colston was my 3rd round pick, another WR for a team that likes to air it out. S. Holmes is in his 3rd year, a time when wideouts make their biggest jumps. Here's hoping that trend continues as he hopefully elevates to the steelers number one option in the passing game. Berrian had a good year even with poor play QB in Chicago, so you plug him in Minnesota (granted not great QB play either), with the presense of AP, it may give him even more opportunities. V Jackson is a guy with great potential (there's the "P" word again lol), but he is like the 4th option on offense behind LT, Gates, and Chambers. D. Jackson may get an opportunity this year, especially with the injury to Curtis. Plus, he is an amazing return man, which only helps his value.

K-Gostkoski will get plenty of scoring opportunities, whether XP or field goals. I needed a kicker, and with him being in such a potent offense, he was an easy choice.

Def/ST-The Jaguars...I really wanted the Vikings, Chargers or the Cowboys, but all went before I could take them. I think the Jaguars are a solid defense though, they'll force turnovers, but won't get as many sacks as I would like. Still, a very good pick with my 12th pick.

Overall, I think I did ok with the 12th pick. I would probably give myself a B- or C+.

Anyway, like to hear everyone else's evaluation about my team and/or draft.

Thanks!

Thanks for answering mine.

I agree with your assessment. Depending on how Kevin Smith starts, you may need to look to off-load one of your WR's in a trade to upgrade at RB. At least, that's my thinking. To get Colston in the late 3rd was a great pick-up. I have been seing him go late 2nd to early 3rd and that's in a 12 team. Nice work.

Yea I think your squad is stacked for a 14 teamer. Manning will be good this year, as he is always, and Harrison is coming back, leaving him with a bunch of options. Jackson has the potential to be very good. Your WR's are definitely the strength of your team, and I'd try to trade Berrian for a RB. But only having one weakness in a 14 team league isn't too bad, especially with your other positions being extremely strong.

for 14 teams i think it is excellent. Again agreeing with most people that have posted, try makign a trade with some of yoru receiver depth to help your RB