Sign in to follow this  
haveyouheard

keeper descision

12 team league, qb/rb/rb/wr/wr/wr/te/pk/dst. auction format, $100 cap, we keep three.

i've already got barber at $6 and magahee at $7.

my third keeper options are:

jamal lewis at $14

favre at $6

eli at $6

keepers are due tomorrow at midnight -- i'd appreciate any thoughts and would be happy to reciprocate with advice on your questions

thanks!

12 team league, qb/rb/rb/wr/wr/wr/te/pk/dst. auction format, $100 cap, we keep three.

i've already got barber at $6 and magahee at $7.

my third keeper options are:

jamal lewis at $14

favre at $6

eli at $6

keepers are due tomorrow at midnight -- i'd appreciate any thoughts and would be happy to reciprocate with advice on your questions

thanks!

I'd keep Favre unless you know that there won't be much RB talent out there.

I'm not at all familiar with auction style drafts, so this makes it a little harder for me to judge. Without seeing the rest of the available players after keepers are picked also makes it a little harder for me, but...

I don't see any reason to keep Eli as you could probably get him again if you wanted and maybe for less.

I like Favre this year as he has the potential to put up big numbers, and if your league rewards bonuses for passing yards he's great to have. However, if the league looks to be pretty thin at RB's after the keepers are selected I'd go with Jamal Lewis. He's not in a RBBC, like half the other teams, and his line looks good. I don't know if he is over priced at $14, but having good depth at RB is never a bad thing.

There's also a good chance of getting similar production out of a number of other QB's in the league, so I guess my vote is for Lewis... again, depending on your league scoring and available players.

If you can switch, I'd go with Barber for $6, Lewis for $14 and ???. Do you have any other options than the QB's? Sometimes $1 for a TE or D/ST would be a better value.

By the way, the reason for the RB switch, in addition to Lewis being better than McGahee, is that Barber and McGahee have the same bye week.

Just my $0.02,

Parlay

Thanks for the help on mine

Like others have said it is kind of hard to say without knowing the rest of your team. If you have another good QB then I think I would keep Lewis. That would put you with 3 very good RB's and you could maybe use one later to trade for a stud QB (If thats what you need) I would go Lewis, but either or I think you will be alright.

I would keep Favre for 6 bucks, he's a serviceable QB2. Lewis is going to be boom or bust everyweek and can't be relied on for anything but a bye week filler. Eli is not worth keeping.

I am not familiar with the format but I will try to help you as you took the time to help me.

Eli is set to have a big season and is cheap. He is also the youngest and has the most upside.

Thank you for mine....To answer your question, my cap is $139 to spend on starters and then $11 to spend on reserves at $1 each...K Smith I got as a reserve for $1 as I had 1st pick in the reserve draft, Santonio I got for $20 during the auction.

Now for your situation, RB's are very deep especially in the auction format. I waited until the very end to get my RB's...Anyways, I would go for a QB with your last keeper... Favre would be my choice. In my auction he went for $12 while Eli went for $5 (we start 2 qb's so these could be scewed a little)

Lewis did go for $23 in my draft but like I said there are so many RB's out there, that if you are not high on him, I would wait to take something else especially since you already have a solid set of backs.

If you have any questions about who was kept for what amount just post a message at my page

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=320273

That is a bit of a dilemma, but I would have to go with Jamal Lewis. He is a feature back on a solid team, so he will carry the rock often. Lewis should put up good numbers this year. I like Favre, too, but just not 100-percent comfortable he will mesh with the team to have a good year. Initial signs are positive, but that's preseason. If this was Favre's second year with the Jets, then I would be more likely to recommend Favre.

I am not a McGahee fan because of his health concerns, and I have serious doubts about the Ravens offense this year. If you can keep Barber (awesome keeper), Lewis and Favre, that would be the way to go.