Sign in to follow this  
WhiteWonder

which WR to let go?

i want to try and go after AJ or SSmith in my league. My idea is to give up a decent WR and a RB (i have several on my roster)

which WR would you include in a deal, Torry Holt or Santonio Holmes?

there are things that bug me about each WR

Holt - that offense just blows but if they right the ship i know he is the top option who gets the most looks.

Holmes - younger, more explosive, better team but im a little concerned by his lack of looks compared to Ward especially in the redzone.

which one would you guys want to give away?, keep? is it worth it to trade for AJ or SSmith at all?

i want to try and go after AJ or SSmith in my league. My idea is to give up a decent WR and a RB (i have several on my roster)

which WR would you include in a deal, Torry Holt or Santonio Holmes?

there are things that bug me about each WR

Holt - that offense just blows but if they right the ship i know he is the top option who gets the most looks.

Holmes - younger, more explosive, better team but im a little concerned by his lack of looks compared to Ward especially in the redzone.

which one would you guys want to give away?, keep? is it worth it to trade for AJ or SSmith at all?

Holmes. I don't see any owner being high on Holt; Holt would have to be a throw in almost with 1-2 other much better players to land AJ or SS.

Thanks for mine.

bumping it...

going to offer trades just want to know which WR youd want to hold on to and which you would deal... holt or holmes

on draft night i loved santonio holmes and I valued him even more than Holt....I'm a little nervous about big ben's shoulder....if i absolutely had to decide on who to keep this moment, i'd probably rather have santonio on my team. I tend to go higher risk/reward though...keeping holt is definitely the safer bet.

So, are you a safe guy or a gambler?

I would keep Holmes. If you bundle Holt with a good RB, you should be able to get AJ or SSmith. But if you trade Holmes away to get one of them, you aren't really upgrading much. Holmes, although targeted a little less than expected, probably has the fewest question marks around him. Can AJ stay healthy? Can Delhomme stay healthy (cuz SSmith sux without him)? Can the Rams find the end zone more than once a month? You should definitely keep Holmes and if there's an owner out there who will take Holt then congrats!

I would def keep Holmes. I'm a huge Steeler fan, so I know that Holmes will eventually get his looks. Plus, he's the deep threat guy on Pitt's roster. Also, Tomlin has talked about using him in punt returns later this year when he needs that explosion in special teams. As for Holt, he's a good WR on a really bad team. Granted, STL is behind in almost every game and has to throw the ball to get back into it, but I have yet to see them actually get back into a game by scoring. The O line is horrible and Bulger has little to no time to even wait to get Holt the ball downfield. Keep Holmes, it'll pay off later this season for you.

I would def keep Holmes. I'm a huge Steeler fan, so I know that Holmes will eventually get his looks. Plus, he's the deep threat guy on Pitt's roster. Also, Tomlin has talked about using him in punt returns later this year when he needs that explosion in special teams. As for Holt, he's a good WR on a really bad team. Granted, STL is behind in almost every game and has to throw the ball to get back into it, but I have yet to see them actually get back into a game by scoring. The O line is horrible and Bulger has little to no time to even wait to get Holt the ball downfield. Keep Holmes, it'll pay off later this season for you.

Not much to add from me but agreement since its all be said above. Keep Homes.

I'm going against the crowd here and saying keep Holt.

The Rams were bad last year too, and 8-8 the year before for that matter. In each of those years Holt had 93 catches and 1188 and 1189 yards, respectively. His TD numbers dipped last year from the year before, from 10 in '06 to 7 in '07. Age could be a factor, but that is somewhat offset by the fact that he's pretty much still the go-to guy in that offense, however pitiful it may be. SOMEONE has to get numbers there, and the existence of Jackson in the backfield helps keep defenses a little more honest.

Holmes has to contend with red-zone looks to Ward and Heath Miller. He's the WR of the future. Holt is the WR of right now.

Just MHO.

Thanks for mine.

at this point im offering holt in package deals for the WR's i listed in the OP.

im assuming you guys would do a trade regardless if im losing holt or holmes? i think id part with either ive just been trying to get a handle on which id rather keep and so far its holmes

looking for more opinions tho.

Coming from an STL homer, scuttle Holt if you can. The ship will not right itself this year, and I expect a new captain in Week 5 or 6. Unfortunately, I think the hull is busted. I'm done making boat jokes now, thanks for mine.

;)

I know Holt had a nice one last week.. but move him and keep Holmes. I think Holmes has better upside... especially if you are in a keeper league!

It all comes down to what value u can get for Holt. If you can get any value for him then dump him but i dont think you can get what you want for him. Holmes on the other hand should easily get you what you want and holt is a viable option at WR.

It all comes down to what value u can get for Holt. If you can get any value for him then dump him but i dont think you can get what you want for him. Holmes on the other hand should easily get you what you want and holt is a viable option at WR.

thats how im approaching it now. offering holt if it doesnt seem im getting anywhere ill start dangling holmes and be ok with holt in there as a wr3

Yeah, Holt's value is very little, both in trade value and as a WR on your roster - I think hes a decent number 3, questionable number 2. Problem is, nobody will value him enough to trade a lot for him. Definitely throw out the offers though.

Holmes is worth keeping, definitely over Holt. That being said, I have the same concerns you have about Holmes lack of looks, particularly in the red zone. I also think that Roethlisberger will not put up numbers anywhere close to last year (see injury last week, and Fast Willies success running the ball).

I would trade either of em for AJ or SS, but I wouldnt give up Holmes and a quality RB for either of them. Too much value. I like the idea of packaging players and consolidating talent, but week 2 or 3 is a bit too early to be thinking about this if you dont have a pressing need.

If I had my way, keep Holmes and trade Holt and a #2/3RB for one of those two studs. AJ over Smith, but barely.

Good luck. Respond to mine please, thanks.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...324526&st=0

I would rather have Holmes. STL O has been awful so far, and Holt's TD had a little luck involved. I don't know if you could find as much market for Holt, but if you could I would take it.

Thanks for getting mine.

I would keep Holmes. While he may lose looks in the red zone, Holt may not see the red zone much this year. That being said, Holmes may have more value in a trade.

Thanks for answering mine!

Definitely let go of Holt ! The offense plain SUCKS ! I am a holt owner for three years in keeper league. I am cursing myself for not droping him before the season. Bulger gets 2-3 seconds on an average to throw the ball.

Holmes - I expected him to start slow. Ward is injury concern. Hold on to Holmes.

Thanks.